Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
brudnicki
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Blackberry Protect problem

Hi!

I have been using BB9900 for a few weeks which the second BB I am using Blackberry Protect with. I seem to be having a major problem with it. After launching the application and going through all the settings I end up on a screen that says Connecting to Blackberry Protect service and it never does. 

Although it never made it to connect my device was visible on the Blackberry Protect webpage (before I recently removed it hoping it will help) but I could not connect to it.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Piotr

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Protect problem

Hello brudnicki,

You may want to contact your wireles service provider to verify your data plan settings.

Thank you,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
francoeurg
My Device: Bold 9900

I'm having exactly the same issue. I posted the same question for help one month ago and nobody gave me any answer. It's not something about data plan...
New Contributor
abird

I also have the same problem (cannot connect to Protect service although everything else is working fine on my phone) and my mobile service provider spent about 2 hours today trying to solve it but we got nowhere. Has anyone solved this?

I used to be able to connect to Protect but since updating the app I can no longer connect and all my backups are no longer visible on the Protect website. Would be grateful for help as this sounds like an increasingly common problem.

vaibhav_st
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Same problem with my bold 9900...its showing connecting to blackberry protect service and circle is moving but still nothings happening...no search result in google...no help from blackberry
Contributor
sooddushyant
My Device: 8520 Curve

Press menu key go to options, then “Blackberry I D“ and change the “User Name“ put the same E mail I D to match the one that you typed for BB Protect.
This will solve your problem, Surely.
Super Contributor
habbitzz

Simply log in to BB Protect with the Same e-mail and password as when you log in to BB ID. Log in like you log in to BlackBerry ID!

And if this fails then something is wrong and you should go back where you bought the device/contact your service provider.
Contributor
francoeurg

I've tried so many times without success :-(
Super Contributor
habbitzz

Try to make a make up of contact list and other stuff you need with Desktop software and then wipe your device and start over. If your service provider dont have an better advice this is what you should try. And before this you could try to uninstall and reinstall the BB Protect.

Just throwing out ideas hehehe hope you make it (:
Contributor
francoeurg

What's the proper way to wipe my device?