Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lungelomaqasho
My Device: 8520 smartcurve

Re: Blackberry Protect problem

I need help my phone was stolen and I do not know how to contact blackberry protect for help to recover my phone lungelo maqasho
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900

Maybe try to change the e-mail and password connected to your ID, and if that doesn't work try to make a new BlackBerry ID.

lungelomaqasho; I doubt anyone will call you but you can try http://protect.blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
lucamaltzeff
My Device: 990 bold

Dear ones,

I've followed this forum and I cannot work out the problem with my BB.

I'm trying to log in  my BB account. I'm correctly typing my login name and password but from BB is not possible to login. If I'm trying from my PC no problems at all.

Following your  suggestions above, I've changed my login details but it can't work it out.

Any tips?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
m_jeddy
My Device: Bold 9900

I have the same problem and tried all the suggested solutions with no result.

I gotta mention that when I first setup my protect account (2 years ago) I was in the US and when I login to protect.blackberry.com it shows North America Server.

Now Im in the Middle East. Even though I deleted the protect account. 

It still won't let me connect my 9900

My wife has the same phone and she has no problem with protect. Its a bit frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gentlemaneve
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Well, I finally discovered how to get around that perpetual "Connecting to BlackBerry protect Service" problem.

My solution was to register the device with the mobile network (on Blackberry 6 or 7, options->Device->advanced system settings->host routing Table->menu/BlackBerry button->Register now) and to go somewhere where you can connect to your mobile network. Once you've got the email ("your blackberry has been registered with the wireless network") then launch BlackBerry protect and try again. It should work this time.

Please use plain text.