Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

mickeycbs
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

Blackberry Protect

With blackberry protect does it locate your phone by your phone # or your pin... i lost my phone and apparently someone found it... i then decided to wipe phone... so i would need two thing.. does it need the app on the phone currently... our does it just needed to be installed before wipe for me to locate my phone

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Protect

did you get an answer ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Michi1
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 3UK

Dear Xandrex

I never got an answer but I just sussed out of doing it from the PC.

Thank you for asking and am so sorry I took so long to answer

Michi1

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Protect locates your phone by PIN.  It has to be installed on your phone in order to work, so if you remotely wipe your phone using it, it also gets wiped.  I would suggest seriously considering whether wiping the phone is the best first option to take when you lose your phone.  You should first see if it can be located.  Next would be to lock the phone immediately.  I would then suggest posting a message on its screen with an alternate phone number at which you can be reached.  Don't forget that whoever finds your phone has a maximum of ten attempts to get the unlock password right.  If they don't, the phone will wipe itself.  If you don't get a response from anyone after a few hours, proceeding with a phone wipe would be advisable.

I hope my suggestions help.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.