Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Topsoup
My Device: Torch 9800

Blackberry Protect

I have recently downloaded Blackberry Protect, and it works - so far!! However, my concern is that when I open the App on my phone my ID is there for everyone to see! Surely this isn't right! If I lose my phone and someone finds it they will know what my ID is and are able to restore my data etc. Shouldn't there be a login to access the Protect App on your phone to ensure it is secure from anyone else opening it up!!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Protect

1. If you first lock your BlackBerry with a security password, they must first get through that password, entering it incorrectly 10x will wipe all data, preferences and logins from your device, hence disabling any ability to get in to your Protect account.

2. If you don't use a security password and the 'finder' of your phone simply starts using it, they will have ALL of your data to begin with.

3. If you find yourself having lost the device, you first will/should login to Protect from your PC, and do a remote backup from Protect, and secondly a remote lock with a remote message to pop up on screen, and finally, a remote wipe. The remote wipe will ensure no one finding the device can use any of the data within it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
brudnicki
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Hi!

I have been using BB9900 for a few weeks which the second BB I am using Blackberry Protect with. I seem to be having a major problem with it. After launching the application and going through all the settings I end up on a screen that says Connecting to Blackberry Protect service and it never does. 

Although it never made it to connect my device was visible on the Blackberry Protect webpage (before I recently removed it hoping it will help) but I could not connect to it.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Piotr

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now try connecting to the Protect servers again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
brudnicki
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Hey,

Thanks for your advise but I have tried it several times. It actually helps solve minot software issues but did not help for Blackberry Protect. I also re-installed the application by first removing it from my device, rebooting it and installing it again and did not help either:smileysad: