Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
huffdaddy2530
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Blackberry Torch Whatsapp

Xandrex
If I did the BBm thing will it charge? I don't have a texting plan just a data plan.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

if you try and send a BBm to a phone number, the device will send an SMS and not a BBm. Which means the message will be included in the text plan, not the data plan.

But if your correspondent used a BlackBerry device, you would use BBm messages for free.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
iqbalkhakhu
My Device: torch

whatsapp is not working in my blackberry torch since last one week, i have re installed, removed battery still it doesnt work, it gives this error > unexpected error:java.io.interrupted IOException: Local connection timed out after ~ 30000 < your help is muchly appreciated ty in advance

New Contributor
iqbalkhakhu

i tried to login beta version i re installed whatsapp but i still get that err please help ty

Guru I
Xandrex

hello iqbalkhakhu,

I suggest you contact the WhatsApp team directly.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Bulldogdad
My Device: Torch 9810

Any luck with a resolution to the java.io.IOException: failed to transmit error?  I'm encountering the same error having downloaded WhatsApp from the Blackberry Ap store.

New Contributor
iqbalkhakhu

I think I need to format my BB to resolve the issue
Contributor
Carlaow
My Device: Torch 9800

I have blackberry Torch 9800 and whatsapp was working fine, then I downloaded the latest version and the emoticons weren't showing. So I re-installed it, the emoticons started to show but now I'm not getting notified when someone talk to me. Like if I got a whatsapp text, I wouldn't know, then I go to whatsapp and it's marked as opened. Tried re-installing and rebooting over a 100 times now, it's not working.. Help?
Guru I
Xandrex

hello carlaow,

a new version was recently released. Can you install it and see if the issue is still present?

Contributor
Carlaow
My Device: Torch 9800

This version started to work again properly a month ago, and I'm afraid to install any other version for now :smileytongue: