Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

starootoo
My Device: Tour 9630

Blackberry Traffic cannot "No GPS" "Searching for GPS"

I have BB Tour 9630 with OS 5.0.0.975 (Bundle 1600, Platform 4.2.0.424) on Verizon CMDA network.

I had a OS 4.7...crash recently. Prior to that 4.7 crash, somehow I was able to download and run BB traffic (don't know version) dloaded from Appworld without any hacks or alterations. It actually worked very well. Prior to loading OS 5 after the crash, I put 4.7 back on and could not install BB traffic. I then upgraded to OS 5 which is running flawlessly and dloaded BB Traffic (version 3.0.0.389) again. I do like OS 5.0 much better, by the way.

On to the problem...

BB maps (5.0.0), Google Maps (4.5.3) (which isn't terribly accurate), Status-GPS test all can pinpoint my GPS location. However, BB Traffic (which worked before my crash, remember) cannot seem to lock in on a GPS. It is always "Searching for GPS". I have tinkered with the GPS settings (enable/disable of services, location data and location aiding) without any new result. I have deleted/reinstalled BB Traffic also without any positive result.

I cannot seem to find any other support, KB or forum postings with this issue or a fix.

Is there anyone who may be able to give me some guidance here?

Thanks!

What was life like before I had my Blackberry.....? Who cares - it is a part of me now.
Please use plain text.
wennerrm
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Re: Blackberry Traffic cannot "No GPS" "Searching for GPS"

For what it's worth I have the exact same Blackberry Tour 9630, the same BB OS version, and am also on the Verizon CMDA network - and I have the same 'Searching for GPS' issue. It takes 30 seconds to 15 minutes for the BB Traffic App to "find" the GPS, although other GPS apps on my phone work instantly.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swirlsolutions
My Device: 9700

Re: Blackberry Traffic cannot "No GPS" "Searching for GPS"

I am on Bell and it sometimes (MOST TIMES) takes up to 10 minutes to 'find' the gps. Not very good!
Please use plain text.