Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10 SQN100-3
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry World not working on my Q10

Hello,

Today I received my new Blackberry Q10 and after setting up I was offered a OS 10 software update (10.2.0.429). Since updating I haven't been able to access Blackberry World. I've tried accessing it through the Blackberry World icon and the games icon and it simply won't open. It starts to open and then just shuts down and returns to the main screen. I've attempted to download Blackberry App World from the internet but to no avail.

Not sure if I'm struggling because my old BB was a Curve 8520 and the Q10 is obviously very different. Please help, I'm desperate to download angry birds!!!

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Blackberry World not working on my Q10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB20031 "BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again" appears when BlackBerry App World is started

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

VIA | Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/BlackBerry-App-World-is-having-trouble-conne...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Hello,
I've given that several tries but it's not helping. I'm not getting any sort of error message. I simply get a black box and then it closes down. The first step was to ensure that I have the latest version of blackberry app world but it just won't open. I've gone through the blackberry ID verification process and it's not making any difference. I wish this had worked but no better off so far. :smileysad:
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2 ireland

hi, my  Q10 also will not let me access blackberry world after the last automatic update? it says 'there was a connection problem, blackberry world must close' 

New Contributor

Hello,

I've had no joy resolving this issue. I can't help but think I'll just have to wait until the next update! Not ideal though.

Hope you get it sorted. Let me know if you do.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2 ireland

cheers.....lets hope it works.......