Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
peterpatter
My Device: Not Specified

Bloomberg App

If you look in the new app store, you will see an app for Bloomberg which is "free". It has always been my impression that Bloomberg is not a free service and in fact an expensive one. Nevertheless, I downloaded the app to my 8820 and it loaded but doesn't run. I have tried crackberry, pinstack and this bulletin board and been unable to get answers. Finally a call to Bloomberg confirmed this is a service one must pay for.

It seems the Blackberry App Store should state on this app that a paid subscription is necessary to use the service and stating it is free is both deceptive and  dishonest

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
supernewf

Re: Bloomberg App

I had the same problem. I have been trying to install it on my storm since last week. Today it installed and now works great.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peterpatter

Although Bloomberg loads, it doesn't run. Perhaps it has to do with the operating system on my 8820 which is 4.2.2; however, I did contact Bloomberg yesterday and they said a subscription was necessary so I am curious as to whether or not you have a subscription; I do not. If  you do not have a subsciption can you load world, markets, news, and my stocks? Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
supernewf

I do not have any paid subscription.I can load world markets,news and stocks. It works quite well. I have US and CDN stocks being watched.The top of the screen says Bloomberg (Beta) Then My stocks,Equity indices,Currencies,and lastly World news.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metturr
My Device: Blackberry Storm

I had Bloomberg on my phone since the day App World has been released. It works great as a Free Application till date. It hasn't asked for money. but, my problem with that app is: I want to create a portfolio with my favorite stocks, etc...and this App does not have those options...Does any one know how to do this?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you should ask the support of Bloomberg. I am not sure if that is possible with the free application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peterpatter

I finally got the Bloomberg app to work by doing two things: first going to options, advanced options, host routing table and then scrolling down to T-mobile USA which is in bold type and registering it and then doing a hard reset - pulling the battery and leaving it out for almost 1 minute and now it works. I would think you might need to register this program using your cellular provider ( AT&T, Verizon etc).

I have not tried to set up a stock portfolio or really played much with the app - news currency work.

Please use plain text.
sheriaq

I downloaded Bloomberg on my storm and love it.  The primary reason for wanting the app was so that I could follow the ten year treasury, which doesn't seem to be an option.  Anyone know if there is a way to follow along using this app, or even another app that would do the same? 
Please use plain text.