Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ldc_bigcat
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780, BlackBerry Playbook ( 32GB )
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: CANNOT LOG IN YAHOO MESSENGER ON BLACKBERRY - STARTED 7 JULY 2012

Hi, I recently had the same thing happen to me. I have a BB Bold 9700 and the option I was given was; I went to AAP World and deleted/uninstalled my BB messenger.Next, I reinstalled the messenger and the problem was fixed. I hope this helps! 

The true rule, in determining to embrace, or reject any thing, is not whether it have any evil in it; but whether it have more of evil, than of good. There are few things wholly evil, or wholly good.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AmyKu
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: DiGi

Hi, thanks idc_bigcat for the sharing.  Glad your exercise did you success.

Are you saying you had the same problem with YMessenger or BBMessenger ?  Not that it makes any difference to me as I did the same steps you did, for not one but both, however no success.  Not sure if the true rule applies here ? :-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ldc_bigcat
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780, BlackBerry Playbook ( 32GB )
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello again, yes I too had the same problem of not allowing me to use my BB Messenger. I was instructed to uninstalled the BlackBerry messenger and reinstall. Afterwards everything worked fine. Now, I am in search of a reliable video-chat program that will work on my BB PLAYBOOK ( 32GB ). Have a nice day!  

The true rule, in determining to embrace, or reject any thing, is not whether it have any evil in it; but whether it have more of evil, than of good. There are few things wholly evil, or wholly good.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ridzrus
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: UMobile

I am not the only one having this problem.

My device 9800 with OS 6.

Try already what ever some forum recomended:

send service book (from BB)

match the timezone. (from BB & Profile through PC)

remove the authentication (from profile PC)

use other Login ID (also failed)

Uninstall, install, (still give me first login Invalid Yahoo ID or Password, second login always unexpected server error, please try again later.

I already fed up.  Lost connection with my fellas almost a month.

Initially I didn't found any problem since last June 2012, untill suddently log out automatic and could not login until now.

I try to install IM+ (trial version), all Gtalk, MSN, Skype except YM can goes well.

I temporary have conclusion that something wrong within Blackberry server with Yahoo Messanger.

But how come only affected certain devices not all?  

Please use plain text.
Corrikachu
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Same here and that the last resort would be to wipe out or format. Thank God I'm not quite desperate yet.

Read thru what RIM had replied to me. At least they are aware. :Dots:

16 Jul at 22:44

What is the error you are receiving? Are you able to log in on a computer? ^HF

17 Jul at 05:24

Yes I've tried logging in the computer and it's ok. The YM BB app always prompt invalid username or password and sometimes server error.

17 Jul at 19:21

What is your BlackBerry PIN? Type mypin and hit space in any text field to find it. Thank you. ^JT

17 Jul at 19:26

27DA4A2C

18 Jul at 02:22

have a look at this article: http://bbry.lv/OPSQ98  Thanks. ^RA

18 Jul at 08:06

I've changed password and also removed any access for BlackBerry® in Yahoo but it still didn't work. :smileysad:

18 Jul at 08:07

I think this is not isolated. Many are complaining about this issue: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/690/

18 Jul at 19:43

Please contact your wireless service provider and request to have this issue escalated to Research In Motion. Thank you. ^JL

19 Jul at 09:11

My service provider suggested to downgrade the application version. Please advise where could I download one? like v 3.0.0.19?

19 Jul at 22:34

Some users in Asia have reported issues logging into Yahoo! Messenger. We're investigating. ^BBS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skywave
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

Same here in Indonesia.
Since I upgraded my YM from BB AppWorld, I can't login to YM.
Very annoying.
Other messengers work fine. Just YM.

I'm using BB 9800 and 9810.
YM doesn't work both devices.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ridzrus
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: UMobile

I RESOLVED MYSELF THROUGH THESE STEPS;

1. ALL EFFORT AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY NOT WORKABLE,

2. THE ISSUE IS THIS NEW RELEASE VERSION YM FOR BB 3.0.0.23 SINCE I TEST ALREADY MY LOGIN THROUGH FRIENDS DEVICES (BOLD 9700 STILL HOLD RELEASE 2.5.0.125, AND CURVE 8520 WITH RELEASE 2.5.0.89 CAN LOG IN WITHOUT ANY ERROR.

3. THEN I REPLACE (SWITCH DEVICE) TAKING NEW DEVICE (GET CURVE 8520) AND  I WILL MISSED MY FANCY FEATURE 9800 WHICH I BELIEVE NOT USABLE INSTEAD OF LOSING MY FRIENDS COMMUNITY IN YM.

SUMMARY:  IT LOOKS LIKE WE CANT RELY ON NEW VERSION,  AND BB VERY SLOW TO RESPONSE THE COMPLAINT AND SO ASHAMED THAT I SHOULD USED BACK CURVE RATHER THAN TORCH.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skywave

ridzrus wrote:

I RESOLVED MYSELF THROUGH THESE STEPS;

1. ALL EFFORT AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY NOT WORKABLE,

2. THE ISSUE IS THIS NEW RELEASE VERSION YM FOR BB 3.0.0.23 SINCE I TEST ALREADY MY LOGIN THROUGH FRIENDS DEVICES (BOLD 9700 STILL HOLD RELEASE 2.5.0.125, AND CURVE 8520 WITH RELEASE 2.5.0.89 CAN LOG IN WITHOUT ANY ERROR.

3. THEN I REPLACE (SWITCH DEVICE) TAKING NEW DEVICE (GET CURVE 8520) AND  I WILL MISSED MY FANCY FEATURE 9800 WHICH I BELIEVE NOT USABLE INSTEAD OF LOSING MY FRIENDS COMMUNITY IN YM.

SUMMARY:  IT LOOKS LIKE WE CANT RELY ON NEW VERSION,  AND BB VERY SLOW TO RESPONSE THE COMPLAINT AND SO ASHAMED THAT I SHOULD USED BACK CURVE RATHER THAN TORCH.  

so I guess the problem is with Yahoo Messenger 3.0.0.23 Tomorrow I'll try to use Yahoo Messenger bundled with the BB Device Software. hope it can resolve the problem. When it works, I'll share it her.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
skywave

I haven't try to downgrade the YM version. but now... YM can login as usual. maybe yahoo server already works fine now.
Please use plain text.