Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: BOUYGUES TELECOM
Accepted Solution

CSI: Miami??? The Mobile Game Episode 2 - cannot retrieve it after reinitialisation of my blackberry and the reinstallation of BLACKBERRY WORLD APPS

Hello there.

I have a little problem.  I had to reinitiate my blackberry and I can't retrieve the downloaded game CSI: Miami??? The Mobile Game Episode 2 for which I paid the belowmentioned price.

I wonder how can I retrieve it through Blackberry App World.

I tried to buy it again, but I cannot, BWA keeps telling me that I already bought it and that I have to go to my World Apps... But it is not in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill to:
Gaelle POULAIN

Order number: 9462361442
Order date: 17 décembre 2010
Order total: €1,85

Can you help me to find the possibilité to retrieve it?

thanks in advance for your precious help.

--

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: CSI: Miami??? The Mobile Game Episode 2 - cannot retrieve it after reinitialisation of my blackberry and the reinstallation of BLACKBERRY WORLD APPS

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5. Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: CSI: Miami??? The Mobile Game Episode 2 - cannot retrieve it after reinitialisation of my blackberry and the reinstallation of BLACKBERRY WORLD APPS

Thank you thank you thank it has worked...

I retrieved everything, even what I forgot... lol

But thank you again!!!!

Hall of Famer II

You are most welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

One more (last?) question...

Is it usual that Blackberry World App gets constant trouble to connect to the Blackberry World App server?  It seems to happen each time (day, night, evening...)I try to access. 

And what does "verify your network connections and try again" mean, because I can have access to the application installed.  But I cannot reinstall what caused my first question...

Sorry to bother you again.

Hall of Famer II

"Usual"? Hmmm...hard to say. I'd say no, but there are plenty of posts here that talk about such troubles. Then again, we tend to only hear from folks that are having problems...those without problems likely don't come here at all, so any quantitative evaluation of traffic here would be naturally biased.

That said, it could be many things, including your network coverage...if weak, then things will be more difficult to accomplish.

To make sure that all is as good as it can be, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

"Verify network connections" means exactly that...something in the traffic channel is not running well, causing a problem between the BB and the AppWorld servers. But, it is very difficult to narrow down what could be the actual problem...witness this chain:

• Application on BB (e.g., AppWorld, other app, etc.) > Carrier Data Network > Internet > AppWorld Servers

Anything in that chain could be the actual cause and an individual user has very little control...indeed, only over the first hop (AppWorld on BB > Carrier Data Network). The steps I gave you above are intended to make that as solid as it can be. But, you should look at your signal strength indicators...if they are low, then there may be nothing to be done.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates