Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rudzxinc
My Device: Curve 8900

Can't Sign-In Yahoo Messenger

[ Edited ]

This is my first post

sorry if it's posted in the wrong section

I hope can get the solution here

The problem is, suddenly I can't sign-in my yahoo messenger account using any Blackberry devices

It's been 3 days

I've tried using mine and my friends

It says Invalid Yahoo! ID or Password everytime I tried to sign-in

I tried sign-in using my friend's account with my Blackberry and It's working fine

and the other thing is, nothing is wrong with my yahoo account, because, it's working fine on my laptop

I can sign-in using my laptop

so I assume RIM blocked my account or something

could somebody please tell my what's wrong and what should I do regarding my issue

thanks

New Contributor
rudzxinc
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Can't Sign-In Yahoo Messenger

Turn out lots of people have the same issue

but unfortunately nobody can give any solution

FYI, my password doesn't contain unique characters

desperately need help

adizhafran84
My Device: 8520

happen to me too!!! 3 days! so frustrated!

russcell_0902
My Device: blackberry pearl 9100 3g

i have the same problem on my blackberry 9100, my yahoo account works in laptop and other smartphone but not in my new blackberry it always says " INVALID YAHOO! ID or PASSWORD" same in Yahoo mail and Yahoo Messenger. i tried to update the phone version, uninstall and installed latest yahoo messenger apps still encounter the same error. i hope soon this will be fix.

pete_bagheera
My Device: bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I have the same troubles logging into yahoo for blackberry. However, my sister can log in on that phone just fine with her Y! account.

I have looked on the internet for solutions, and these things seemed to have worked for some people:

> Change the password to only contain the caracters a-z
> try login as "user_name@yahoo.com" or just as  "user_name"
> Go to the drop-down menu at the top-right on the yahoo mail page (see little down errow next to "Hi Larry"), select "Account info", (provide assword) and select "Manage Apps and Website Connections" and remove all entries there.
> try the first 2 bullets again.
> try to log in after a day's wait.

Nothing worked for me, however :smileysad: You guys could still try.

milonettix
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105

I have the same problem, I thought the problem lies with my account at first so I tried to login via web, and also other device but turned out I still can login with the same login credentials on web/other device, so I guess am not the only one having this problem, hopefully they'll find out what's wrong.. :smileysad:

bongsky
My Device: blackberry 8520

same with my blackberry 8520 why can't somebody from the support gives us a sulotion?

New Contributor
DetroitDiezel
My Device: Curve 8530

Yeah, this has happened to me also.  I was able to access my yahoo account via my Curve 8530 up until about a week ago.  Now... nothing.  It keeps telling me to log in.  Any ideas on what's going on????