Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
samm1234
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Can't download any apps off my phone, Tablet dos not connect to phone

Someone please help me, cause I am honestly about to loose my mind. I have a Torch and I've only had it for a year now and all my services arent working, I'm considering switching to an IPhone if I can't figure this all out today.

So first problem I'm trying to buy one single app off app world billing threw Roger's Canada and it keeps saying there was some error, I looked it up on the website and apperently you just have to switch to debit or paypal, I don't like using online payment methods like that why can't I just get it on my bill? Either way they get the money, I don't see how its so difficult to just bill threw my service provider. I also have no time to call them and tell them all I want to order,  I just want ONE $1.99 app, I'm not going to sit on the phone for 20 minutes+ for one app, then have to do it again when I want another app. I have been trying to buy the same one app for about 2 months now, seriously I just want to buy the app and get it over with how is that so hard? I want to bill threw my Service Provider it takes two seconds to put it on my bill. 

Next problem, the blackberry bridge on my phone/tablet has just stopped working and disappeared. I paid $500 for this tablet that I was advised not to buy because Blackberry was "going down the whole" so much for having faith in the company, this thing is a peice of junk. And apperently so is my phone, again how is it all the sudden my bridge disappeared? I can't connect my phone to it now? So why didn't I just get a cheaper tablet that could do the exact same things??? I don't know if these are new problems in the system or something but I have been trying to hook up my phone to this tablet for a while it used to work then I upgraded the software and now its gone and I've tried everything its just not coming back. Like I don't understand, why would you not put the Blackberry Bridge in the updated version? And why is it deleted off my phone? Then when I try to re-install it, it says its still there. 

Very disappionted in Blackberry right now, nothing on my phone is working and it seems I'm not the only one.  

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't download any apps off my phone, Tablet dos not connect to phone

If you want an iPhone, go get one. Quite frankly, we're avid BlackBerry users here, not RIM employees. Why would you come in here and make those 'threats' and expect to get help? Silly.

1. You should be able to bill through your carrier, Rogers. Detailed directions to set that up from your PC or the BlackBerry are located here:  Article ID: KB26621 How to change the payment method in BlackBerry App World for either the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry smartphone

2. On your Torch, please look at Options > Device > Application Management. Scroll down to see if BlackBerry Bridge is listed there. What version do you have installed (2.0.0.31 is the latest)?

While I understand frustration, let's try to help you here. If you're just here to rant, I can't do anything about that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

samm1234 wrote:

Someone please help me, cause I am honestly about to loose my mind. I have a Torch and I've only had it for a year now and all my services arent working

Well, I can't tell...has it been working fine for a year, and this suddenly started? If so, what happened just before this behavior started? Undo that to see if it helps. If it's not been working at all for a year, well...I'm not sure how to reply to that...you must have great patience indeed, though.

samm1234 wrote:

So first problem I'm trying to buy one single app off app world billing threw Roger's Canada and it keeps saying there was some error, I looked it up on the website and apperently you just have to switch to debit or paypal,

Oh how I do wish you'd have given us the actual error message...otherwise, you leave us guessing...but, in short, each carrier decides if they will allow carrier billing or not. It's their choice to do so, or not. I've no idea if Rogers allows it or not.

Also, if you are part of a BES environment, it's possible your BES admins have restricted carrier billing...they, too, have the right to do whatever they must to enforce company policies. But, again, without details, this remains just another guess.

samm1234 wrote:

Next problem, the blackberry bridge on my phone/tablet has just stopped working and disappeared. I paid $500 for this tablet that I was advised not to buy because Blackberry was "going down the whole" so much for having faith in the company, this thing is a peice of junk. And apperently so is my phone  

I completely disagree with your opinions there...but no matter, they are indeed opinions. There are plenty of people who are getting quite a bit of good use out of both types of devices.

samm1234 wrote:

again how is it all the sudden my bridge disappeared? I can't connect my phone to it now? 

Well, once again, the lack of details makes it pretty difficult to diagnose. "I can't connect" is pretty useless as far as symptom descriptions go. For instance, what exact steps do you attempt? What exactly happens with each step? Any error messages? If so, once again, the complete and accurate error message is critical to helping you.

samm1234 wrote:

So why didn't I just get a cheaper tablet that could do the exact same things???

It's a free market place, you are free to do whatever you desire. But, ranting here isn't perhaps the best way to seek help from kind volunteers... Plus, you've spent quite a bit of effort on your rants, but have left out the details that perhaps might have more quickly guided us to useful help for you...

samm1234 wrote:

I don't know if these are new problems in the system or something but I have been trying to hook up my phone to this tablet for a while it used to work then I upgraded the software and now its gone and I've tried everything its just not coming back.   

Again, "tried everything" isn't terribly useful to us...we aren't clairvoyant... Have you tried completely removing the pairing of the two devices and re-configuring them from scratch? Also, what software did you upgrade? Your BB OS? Your PB? From what version(s) to what version(s)? Did you re-install the Bridge from scratch?

samm1234 wrote:

Like I don't understand,  

And, from your lack of details and clarity, neither do we...

samm1234 wrote:

why would you not put the Blackberry Bridge in the updated version? 

Updated version of what? BB Bridge is an add-on app, not used by everyone. As such, including it inside the core apps would be a waste of AppMemory for those who do not need it.

samm1234 wrote:

And why is it deleted off my phone?

Well, you did some kind of upgrade or update, but since we don't know yet exactly what that was, we can only guess. And my guess is that you somehow updated your BB OS, and as such, you need to re-install all of your add-on apps. It is ALWAYS better to reinstall add-on apps when you upgrade the OS...some may not be compatible with the new OS you have installed. Some may have a different version for the OS you installed. Plus, reinstalling add-ons is always better so as to be sure that they are properly installed after such a major update of the BB OS.

samm1234 wrote:

Then when I try to re-install it, it says its still there. 

That's interesting...but, again, the exact message it presents is always more helpful. Check here, though:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Anyway, lots of clarification is needed from you if we're to do anything but WAG.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samm1234

I have done both of these things and still nothing works. And I have no idea how to contact RIM employees so I'll write whatever I want wherever I want thank you for the help, that once again, has done absolutely nothing. Also, thank you for starting off your message on an offensive note, just trying to get some help here I don't sit on my computer all day I don't even know exactly what this is. Just wanted some help, Silly. Once again didn't get it though, Silly. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're very welcome.

I know you're frustrated, but your insulting tactics are getting you the help you need, are they?

You haven't said WHAT didn't work, of the many things suggested, OR what error you encountered which might have kept it from working, and for any of us to help you, we really need to have you give us details of the issues, errors, etc., and what you see as the process fails.

So, if you only simply want to to contact RIM, call your mobile provider technical support. You are already PAYING them to give you support on this device and service. Any issue which they cannot resolve, ask them to ESCALATE the problem to RIM level tier two tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samm1234

What do you mean I havent said what didn't work? WHAT YOU SUGGESTED BEING
1. You should be able to bill through your carrier, Rogers. Detailed directions to set that up from your PC or the BlackBerry are located here: Article ID: KB26621 How to change the payment method in BlackBerry App World for either the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry smartphone

2. On your Torch, please look at Options > Device > Application Management. Scroll down to see if BlackBerry Bridge is listed there. What version do you have installed (2.0.0.31 is the latest)?

Okay? understand? Didn't work. I already have the latest version installed, I still can't bill through Rogers, okay? Understand so far?
Yah don't worry I'm taking this somewhere else I am getting no help here, sorry I didnt graduate from Sitsoncomputeralot University.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

samm1234 wrote:
Yah don't worry I'm taking this somewhere else I am getting no help here, sorry I didnt graduate from Sitsoncomputeralot University.

buahahahahahaha, that's the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Good luck. I hope you find a solution.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samm1234

I don't know if you took the hint anywhere but I'm actually a 16-year-old little girl. And I can see by your profile your an older man, I am astounded by your maturity on an online forum!!! My father dosen't even know how to work a computer. I'll take that pill, thank you, your soo funny!!! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

samm1234 wrote:

I don't know if you took the hint anywhere but I'm actually a 16-year-old little girl. And I can see by your profile your an older man, I am astounded by your maturity on an online forum!!! My father dosen't even know how to work a computer. I'll take that pill, thank you, your soo funny!!! 

No, I have no idea of your age, or sex. If you scroll back in this thread, you will see again, that information hasn't been posted. I don't know how I would have guessed all that.

There very well is something I am missing here. I've read the thread thoroughly, made qualified suggestions that a BlackBerry user of any age can read and follow, and linked you to very exacting, detailed instructions and tips.

I am sorry that none of that has helped you. You might not can fathom this, but our goal here is to help users, not to further frustrate them. And, on the same line, if you come bashing and saying "I'm getting an iPhone", I'll be obligated to let you know those comments are NOT the best way to get help around here. I'm only responding to you comments. If you don't want responses to those type comments, don't make them.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samm1234

I don't mean this is a rude way, but I can do and say what I want and you really can't do anything but give your opinion. So thanks for your opinion, I was just saying my opinion is I think it's sad that I came here for simple help because I have NO idea what this is or any other forum or blog or whatever and your mocking me for not knowing what this is. No where did it state on this website "Be careful what you write cause we're not going to help you just point out the fact you didnt give enough information" I don't even have the time to write out in detail every little thing, like I said so much easier to get an IPhone and I don't know if your affiliated with RIM or not but this service was not at all friendly and I am very displeased with the results I obtained from this website. Does everyone have to be a Blackberry expert to post on this website? Is there anywhere where normal people can ask questions? Or?
Please use plain text.