Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
vasilemj
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't receive pics via BBM

I've always been a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.  However, for some reason, I broke my own rule and decided to download the latest version of BBM.  I immediately noticed after I downloaded it that it didn't play nicely with my company's encryption that they have put on my Storm 2 and I no longer had the option of sending a pic via BBM.

So, I removed the app and downgraded to my original 4.7 version via my BlackBerry Desktop Manager.  All appeared to be working OK (whereby I could once again send pics via BBM) but I noticed that I could now no longer receive any pics.  I would get a notice that someone tried to send me a file by receiving the image file name (IMGxxxxxxxx.jpg) and then a file size (always 0.00 KB).  There was also a "Description" and then what appeared to be the folder structure from the device that sent the pic where the intended pic was stored.  I then had an option of two buttons:  "View" or "Cancel".  Clicking the "View" button  merely brought up a blank white screen with a small "x" in the upper left-hand corner.

So, I called Verizon and ultimately they led me to wipe my phone.  Long story short, this only kind of solved the problem.  I am now, once again, back to my original 4.7 version and can now receive pics from some people but  not others.  For example, my wife has version 5.0.3.22 and can send me pics that I receive just fine.  However, my other buddy tried to send me a pic today and I had the exact same problem (I am still trying to determine which version he is using).

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior before?  This is very frustrating.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vasilemj
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't receive pics via BBM

One additional thing I just noticed.  On the pics that my wife sent that I was able to view, I had the option of 3 buttons:  View, Save, and Cancel (along with the thumbnail of the sent image).

On the pics that my friend sent that I was not able to view, I only have an option to View and Cancel (no thumbnail).  As mentioned above, clicking "View" brings up a white screen with a small "x" in the upper left corner.

Please use plain text.