Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
Tony86
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

Re: Cannot install apps from app world

Excellent advice JSanders.  Promise to do it on posts from now on.

Thanks!!!  :Walkman:

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

im having a similar issue in that my world always says it can not connect. Tried everything suggested including a security wipe but still can't download apps (even though it authenticates the purchase)
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tony86

:Walkman:

HI ugoano,

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think you need a BB smartphone for this.

Just go the the appworld website, log with you BBID and select my payment options form the tabs on the top right.

Fill your paypal info, you don't need to reveal any credit cards or bank accounts if you don't want to, just click " go to my account"  at the bottom of the page on paypal after submitting your personal info.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tony86

Just go to https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

Register or sign in on the links on the top right and then select your payment options, even if your just going to use free apps, you still need to do this.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ugoano
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Tony86 wrote:

:Walkman:

HI ugoano,

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think you need a BB smartphone for this.

Just go the the appworld website, log with you BBID and select my payment options form the tabs on the top right.

Fill your paypal info, you don't need to reveal any credit cards or bank accounts if you don't want to, just click " go to my account"  at the bottom of the page on paypal after submitting your personal info.

That's part of those instructions from the KB... I'm afraid it does demand a smartphone...  after signing in, it shows a three stage process.  The first stage is shown as done (Get the blackberry appworld browser plug in).  The next stage:

2. Connect your smartphone
Connecting the Playbook does nothing (which the KB warns me about)

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ugoano

JSanders wrote:

When you first started up the Playbook, the initial setup, it should have asked you for a BlackBerryID.

Look at your Options > About, first line.

Yep, that it did (see post just before yours).

But I haven't had a chance to give payment options... and it is adamant that I need a smartphone to do that. sigh

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

See, I set up my payment options from the device - it asked for them in app world. Either way, I've set up with credit card and paypal and neither works. Playbook just says it can not connect (yet I'm on wifi and able to browse the app store)
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tony86

and if you click "my payment options after you log in? thats just under the search bar
Please use plain text.
Developer
ugoano

After logging in, the first screen I'm presented with is a System check, which includes connecting the smartphone.  The steps following that is terms & conditions, then Payment Options.  I can't get to that point without connecting my imaginery smartphone it seems...

---------

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

This is getting ridiculous! So, it started working for me for a bit (I was able to access My World and download apps), but now I get the following error whenever i enter my password:

"Security/certificate error. Please check your time/date settings and try again."

??
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.