Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

a-aljabri94
My Device: Bold 9900

Cant Update to BBM 7

Hi

I have a blackberry bold 9900, and i have just updated to 7.1 OS and I cant update my BBM to 7.0 version and says that its "Unavailable for this device". What should I do?!

Contributor
rgrm

Re: Cant Update to BBM 7

Suggest you read some of the numerous postings in this forum concerning problems caused by installing BBM 7.

The Hype reads like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread BUT BUT BUT it doesn't work.

Hopefully you can't download it because RIM is fixing it.

shaishir
My Device: Torch 9810

I have a blackberry Torch 2, and I'm undergoing the same problem (BBM 7.0 is 'unavailable for this device). However, I'm in a slightly bigger mess than aljabri is, owing to the fact that I, in the the process of trying to reinstall bbm, unintentionally deleted my BBM 6.0. So now I don't have a bbm app on my phone, and I can't download it via the blackberry appstore as it only lets you download bbm 7, which is 'unavailable'. Any help would be really appreaciated.
Regular Contributor
Eric_lewis
My Device: non- blackberry user

I having problem whenever I try to download and install BBM7 my contacts are gone and never seem to be restarted after trying many solutions.

Eric Lewis
Regular Contributor
ken156
My Device: blackberry alpha b

maybe your device or your country don't support
Contributor
rgrm

Your Blackberry Desktop Software has a BBM Application built into it. Mine has BBM 6.

I upgraded to BBM 7 but it didn't work so I plugged my phone into my computer and used the Desktop Software to remove BBM from my phone. This removed the problem version 7.

After my Desktop software had removed BBM 7, I then used the Desktop Software to Re-install BBM and it re-installed BBM 6 .

My BBM 6 is back working the same as it did before my attempted upgrade.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

a-aljabri94 wrote:

Hi

I have a blackberry bold 9900, and i have just updated to 7.1 OS and I cant update my BBM to 7.0 version and says that its "Unavailable for this device". What should I do?!

if you are in the UAE, then you will have to wait. BBM7 is not available for some countries, including the UAE and India.

if you go to the BBM page in the AppWorld using a desktop browser, you can see the countries where version 7 of BBM is available.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: