Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
adioni
My Carrier: Sprint

DLNA Support?

[ Edited ]

Along with the promise of the Kindle App for ebook reading, DLNA Media Streaming support was one of the top features that drove me to purchase the Playbook. Any new word on when this update will see the light of day?

Am I wrong in believing that the DLNA streaming support in question will allow one to stream media *TO* the playbook (playbook as a Digital Media Player)...and not just allow you to streaming media stored on the playbook itself out to other devices (playbook as a Digital Media Server)?

Being able to use the Playbook as a DLNA Digital Media Player would be much more useful (at least in my case).

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: DLNA Support?

latest info I got is this:
http://www.berryreview.com/2011/04/18/blackberry-playbook-dlna-media-streaming-certification-coming-...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rverhoeve
My Carrier: bell canada

Anyone heard anything new on DLNA on PB as a DMP now that we are on OS 2.0 ?? i have been searching but have found nothing new ? thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

some rumors about BlackBerry 7.1 for smartphones here : http://crackberry.com/tags/dlna

but nothing about the BlackBerry tablet as of yet.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

there is an article in the public knowledge base, regarding OS 7.1:

KB31183 What is the Wireless Media Server

Please use plain text.