Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
patel90
My Device: Bold 9000

DMSS software not working on Blackberry Bold 9000

Has anyone got DMSS - video surveillance app for mobile phones working on Blackberry?

I have downloaded and tried Blackberry version of DMSS (v1.27 and v1.51) from Dahua DVR manufacturer's website and installed it. This app is also available on CNET software download site.

I can remotely connect to the DVR successfully and see the labels of all the cameras. However, when I try to play any specific camera live, after some download I got Stop error and nothing is displayed.  I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 with device driver v5.0.0.68. The DVR supports H.264 protocol. The iPhone version of the app works fine.

I also found it awkward to download and install this DMSS app on the Blackberry.  It is packaged in a .RAR file, which I had to unzip on my PC, and then install it on my BB using BB desktop manager.  On the other hand, my son recently got an iPhone, and he could easily download the app from the AppWorld and got it working in a snap.  I think RIM needs to step up to this kind of demand, or convince the software developers to build their app so common people don't face such issues or frustrations.  Just consider this as one example of many software apps out there.

I have also seen smartphones' desktop manager apps running on PC for other Smartphones, which allow easily synchronizing or managing the address books, organizers, calendars and other media, or updating the desktop software or device drivers on the mobile phone.  I noticed that BB desktop manager v6 has a lot better GUI, but still missing lots of such functionalities.  When can we expect all these?

I am a strong beliver of Blackberry and wish it to succeed on the onslaught of the iPhone and other Smartphones. 

patel90
Visitor
chilly83
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: DMSS software not working on Blackberry Bold 9000

Dear Patel90,

I have the same problem with my blackberry torch...am using DMSS ver. 2.0 (given by the distributor of my DVR). When connecting through my WiFi it connects normally and can see the pictures. But conencting through my BB Service Provider i get a "network conenct error". Have tried almost everything and still no luck.
Have you by chance solved this? If yes please post the solution.
Thanks in advance.
Pang1976
My Device: 9900

Hi, I would like to install DMSS into my blackberry (model: 9900). Anyone can teach me how to install into my bb.

Thanks you

Contributor
varunsain
My Device: Z10

Well, I finally got a solution to the CCTV DMSS problem! 

Firstly, to access DMSS on BlackBerry, you require the APN settings > Options > Device > Advanced > TCP/IP. Enable APN. 

BlackBerry network does not allow you to access video streaming, hence you will require the APN settings for your local carrier based internet (for non-BlackBerry users). Eg. Vodafone BlackBerry APN is 'blackberry.net' however, DMSS can only be accessed once APN is set to 'www' which is APN for Vodafone Mobile Connect (note: this is the internet service for iPhone, Nokia, Samsung). This will allow you to stream DMSS via mobile network internet (provided through carrier and not RIM). 

This is chargeable separately as in not included within the BlackBerry internet plan (BIS/BES). 

Secondly, in you DVR Settings (Settings > Network > Extra Stream) make sure you have the 'Extra stream' or a secondary low stream feature enabled which provides phone compatible streaming as secondary option. Without this you will face errors even though you are connected to the system. 

Amazing BlackBerry 10
New Contributor
PANGSIOWNGOH

Hi,
I would like to install DMSS in my BB 9900.. Can anyone teach me step by step.. how to install DMSS into my BB?? Thanks
New Contributor
PANGSIOWNGOH

Hi,
I have installed DMSS into my BB... and able to login ..
however when i select the device e.g. cam 1.. wait quite long time, then the screen appear "Error"...
Can i know what is the problem??
FYI, i have enabled APN.