Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Dear Sirs, I started using the facebook application w...

Dear Sirs, I started using the facebook application with my curve 8900 recently - as I have only limited online access within my contract, how can I change the settings for auto updating in general and for facebook application? Thanks!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Dear Sirs, I started using the facebook application w...

Hi there!

From your post, it's difficult to know how to advise you. If your question is how to get your online access less limited, you need to contact your carrier as they are in control of your service. If your question is concerning the facebook application, then I'm not quite sure what the question is...the app is designed to automatically update from your FB account, and changing that would be changing the way the application is designed. If you don't want the auto update, then I'd suggest deleting the app and using the FB mobile site via your BB Browser.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Dear Sirs, I started using the facebook application w...

Question106086 wrote:
I started using the facebook application with my curve 8900 recently - as I have only limited online access within my contract, how can I change the settings for auto updating in general and for facebook application?
Hello,

you can't.
Let me explain. When you use your device, you can use it :
  • in airplane mode (as if you were in a very deep cave, no one can reach you by phone, and you don't get emails & facebook notifications)
  • in phone mode (you can do phone calls & SMS, but no email/browsing/mms)
  • in complete mode (you can do everything)
when you swith to airplane mode or phone mode, you delay all the data that is sent to your device : mms, emails, facebook). At one point, let's say on monday morning, you wll switch to complete mode, and then the BlackBerry servers will send eveything since last time you were in complete mode. Meaning what you thought you saved on your data plan is not saved, it's just compressed in time, but it still uses up your subscription.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: