Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: KPN

Re: Documents to Go: Error opening file: Index 12 >= 12 OK

I tried the solution you offered but it did not work unfortunately. When I select the last column and try to delete Word shows a message it is not possible to delete the end of a row.

I also created a new fresh document in Word (docx format)  and created a fresh and new table. The table looks exactly the same as the other tables in the files I have. Also here it is not possible to delete the last column.

I also remembered that I have an old Palm with Docs2go for Palm on it and realized I never had this problem on he Palm Tungsten T5. I tested it with several files and every single files opens correctly on the Palm with WordToGo 10.002(464).

So this to me shows that the problem is in the Docs2go for blackberry and not in the Word or the tables.

If it is not possible to solve this bug then please let me know. I have hundreds of files and if I cannot open them in Documents to Go for Blackberry I need to look for another solution. Again this problem was nonexistent when I used the software for Palm (version 9 and 10).

Kind regards and thanks for the effort,

Rob

Developer
My Device: 9000, 9780, 9900

Please see my previous post.  You need to save your doc as .docx format (I did this in Word 2007 for Windows), then you can clearly see the malformed cells (see the image I attached in my previous post).  You can select those four cells, then right-click, Delete Cells, then Delete entire column.  I agree that does not work in Word 2007 when in the .doc format.

Persevere!   The fact that .doc and .docx are treated differently does suggest to me that the format is messed up.

Let me know if you are still hitting a brick wall, and I can post or send you the .docx before and after deleting the cells.

Contributor

I tried what you suggested with several files but it did not solove the problem. Either in Word 2007 or 2010 tables are formatted exactly the same.

When I save a document in docx format and look at the table I see this:

Is there a way you can explain that this problem does not occur when I use documents to go 10 for Palm? I used the Palm with Documents to Go version 10 for several years with the same hundreds of documents without once having this problem. Now I changed to blackberry and the problem does occurs with exactly the same documents. To me this is a sure sign the problem is not in the documents but in Documents to go for Blackberry.

thank you very much for the effort!

Kind regards,

Rob  

Developer

Using the doc you supplied, here is the end of that table...

s1.PNG

Saved in .docx format (then reopened)...

s2.PNG

Note the bogus extra cells now show.  These can be selected....

s3.PNG

Then deleted...

s4.PNG

After that the file opens OK in my version of Docs to Go.

Contributor

Sorry but it still does not work. Here is a screenshot of what the tables lookes like when I save the file I provided you in Docx format:

So there are no extra odd cells. I tried with many other files but this solution just does not work.

I have hundreds of files. I do not know which ones I need on the Blackberry, I just saved them all on a card. Do you suggest I should convert them all in th same way you suggested? This is hardly practical.

And I am sorry but I fear you do not want to consider the fact that the problem is in Documents2Go and not Word or the way the documents are set up. As I told many times, but somehow you choose to ignore this fact, I never ever had these problems with the exact same files in Documents2 go for Palm.  

I apreaciate your efforts but we are not progressing towards a proper solution. I have spend many hours trying to find a solution but until know it was a waste of time. So what is the next step? Should I ask for a refund? Dataviz told me Rim/Blackberry where obliged to solve bugs and do customer support but there is no solution and I fear that the obvious bugs in the Blackberry version,  that are not there in the Palm version, are not being solved in the near future. So I am stuck with software that cannot open hundreds of files. I bought the software to open these files and I had no reason te believe that the Blackbery version could not handle normal Doc files that the Palm version can.

Please tell me if you are going to solve this problem or not so I know what to report to Dataviz. And I either can use the software or have to look for another solution.

Kind regards,

Rob

Contributor

I see that the picture in the previous post is not visible. You can find it here: http://ge.tt/8d04Ko6?c

Developer

Just to clarify, I don't work for RIM (or Dataviz who are now owned by RIM).  I'm just a regular user - like you.  As I say, with my version of Docs to Go, Blackberry running on OS6, Office 2007 on Windows 2007 (32 bit) I do see an issue with your doc as described - and I can see how it I can address it by a simple edit. If I had 1000s of files I'd write a wee macro in Word to clean them up.

Sounds like there is not much I can personally do - and I'm sorry.  Good luck, and I hope you can make contact with someone that can help.

Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification. I thought you where a kind of support employe, that was my mistake. I will go to Dataviz and explain the situation.

Thank you very mucvh for the effort.

Kind regards,
Rob