Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Documents to Go Limitations

as far as I know, support can be contacted on right column here:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/18324

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

Xandrex, the link you provided if for Documents to Go for BB smartphones. The Dataviz web site supports the smartphone versions but there is no support on the Dataviz website for the Playbook. There is no mention of the Playbook on the Dataviz website. The playbook uses the Doc to go application for opening email attachments, but Doc to go does not open TXT or HTM attachments and there is no way to contact Documents to Go support for the Playbook. Until Documents to Go is upgraded to handle these type files, the playbook will not be able to open them.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bangbangsystems
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: tmobile

Playbook is not for business... It's a toy for surfing the net... noting more...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd

bangbang at the present time you are right.

I didn't buy if for a toy, I bought it to compliment my BB smartphone so I could get my work done. The PB could be so much more if RIM would fix it. It has been 90 days and counting and i'm beginning to think the PB is going to go the way of the dodo bird. Thats why I was concerned about the lack of NON SUPPORT by Dataviz.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

tboyd wrote:

Xandrex, the link you provided if for Documents to Go for BB smartphones. The Dataviz web site supports the smartphone versions but there is no support on the Dataviz website for the Playbook. There is no mention of the Playbook on the Dataviz website.

Yes, I know. Nevertheless if I were you I would contact them about your PlayBook issue.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

..also no .rtf support...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd

What makes this so frustrating is the silence from RIM. You contavt RIM support and its a application vendor problem.......They are the vendor! RIM needs to assure its loyal customers they will fix the PB
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angelvel
My Device: curve
My Carrier: att

I contacted DataViz and their answer was that RIM developed the Docs to go version on the playbook and they have to upgrade it.  What a joke and it is such a nice tablet overall.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd

RIM blames dataviz .... Dataviz blames RIM ..... RIM owns dataviz and we are STUCK........ Holding the limited PB
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grandpa1676
My Device: Not Specified

It's strange that the BB PHONES HAVE BETTER ISSUES OF DOCUMENTS TO GO THAN THE PLAYBOOK!!!!! Afterall the PB is advertised as the Business Tablet. Hmmmmm I wonder what software engineer was sleeping when this was mentioned by the Sales Team.
Please use plain text.