Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Bluerosequeen
My Device: Torch 9800

Documents to Go

My  Torch 9800 came with a "lite" version of Documents to Go. I recently had to download and install my software all over, wiping out what had been on the phone, because a bug in a program made it impossible to get the phone to boot up. Documents to Go was not included in what I downloaded, so I searched for it in Blackberry World and can only find the Premium version for $14.99. At this time, I don't wish to buy the full version, but I can't find the lite version. Am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Documents to Go

Hello Bluerosequeen

Welcome to the forums. 

Have a look at this article which should help you with your request. 

How to install Documents To Go Files 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bluerosequeen

Hi SR,

I looked at the article you provided the link to, and although it said the files were for the Premier version of Documents to Go, I tried downloading them anyway. I don't know where they ended up, but they are not what had been on my phone previously. What had been on my phone was an entire app, a version of Documents to Go that allowed one to read and save documents, but not to create them, which required upgrading to the full Premier version. It was installed on the phone when I purchased it new and was in the folder called Applications. 

-Bluerosequeen

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

what I do:
I create an empty file for each type (Excel, PPt, Word) and put them on my device.

whenever I need to create a file, I simply open the existing file.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bluerosequeen

[ Edited ]

SR,

I found the files today, but they require activation with a key for at least a trial version of the Premier Documents to Go, which I am assuming probably only lasts for a short time before it is necessary to purchase. I haven't checked that yet, though. 

In the meantime, I noticed some other things that seem different in this replacement version of the OS6, One thing is that the screen doesn't seem to move to landscape view anymore except when playing a YouTube video, and the option for the virtual keypad on the touchscreen is gray-out and doesn't work. (And one of the smiley's in the text messaging looks different :-) ). Is it possible I have downloaded the wrong version of OS6 or that there is an update I'm missing? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bluerosequeen

[ Edited ]

Xandrex,

Would that work if you don't have Documents to Go on your device at all, except for the files which require the full program to work apparently? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

no.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bluerosequeen

Xandrex,

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Bluerosequeen

Please use plain text.