Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and.Curve 9300
My Carrier: At&t

Re: Does Playbook support Drop Box

Just got my playbook was looking for same thing...found blue box which hooks up with drop box. Found on app world.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Does Playbook support Drop Box

Here is another way to hook up from the Playbook to the Dropbox cloud and sync service.

Does Playbook support Dropbox? The answer is a ‘qualified yes’ but one needs to buy (try free for a month) an app called 'Files and Folders'.

It takes a bit of figuring it out how to use 5 cloud services simultaneously but works quite well after that.

Think about it, instead of running 5 apps on your PB you run only one. I have to launch 2 apps on my phone if I want to transfer files between Box and Dopbox clouds.

So while there is a 'Box' cloud app on my PB I really don’t need it if F&F is running. The current ‘dropbox’ app supports only OS 5,6,7 Blackberry phones but maybe a separate BB10/PB app is in the works by Dropbox  for those people who insist on it. The standard Dropbox web version does only support downloads but no uploads (I think).

The qualifier is that if one uploads an edited file from the PB via F&F it appears as a copy of the downloaded file, e.g. a downloaded  ‘mywork.xls’ becomes ‘copy of mywork.xls’ in the dropbox cloud folder after uploading it. One can then delete the original file and rename the uploaded file to the original name by removing 'copy of' and all is well or save it on the PB as myworksPB.xls, upload it and keep it separately to know where from it was last edited.

I was able to upload the same file ‘mywork.xls’ also to the Box cloud from the clipboard without refresh because F&F lets you switch between 5 cloud services quite easily.

Note, that both cloud services, Dropbox and Box did the proper syncing with my PC folders ‘Dropbox’ and ‘My Box Files’ after I uploaded my .xls file.

F&F is a very flexible multitasking solution and quite effective because one does not have to have 5 apps open to handle 5 different cloud services. Of course, to update the view of the cloud info one switches for example ‘Dropbox’ to PB and back to ‘Dropbox’ to check the most current folder status, etc.

I am using F&F(vers.6)  for some time to deal with the 'text file issue' on the PB or bridged phone 'text addendums' but  this cloud service feature is a bonus for file or picture sharing and editing  which is more convenient  on the PB than on a phone. You can try F&F free for a month and test it for yourself. This is a truly convergent app I think.. FYI.