Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
van45nav
My Device: 8520

Download "Catan The First Island"

When i see this game, i like it. But i can't download from your site. I understand, because in my country doesn't support to buy from your site.

Can you give the way so i can download and buy this game.

That game is "CATAN THE FIRST ISLAND"

Thanks very much.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Download "Catan The First Island"

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Firstly -- these forums are not a formal support system from RIM. Rather, other users, just like you, will see and (hopefully!) respond to your inquiry with whatever they may know about it. But RIM should not be expected to be contacted via these forums.

Further -- do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
van45nav

Thanks for your help. But i still didn't find that game to buy or download in other site. If i searched with google, blackberry appsworld was only the way i can buy or download that game.. I really like that game very much. Can you help me? Thank you very much.. 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Then you may well have found one that has an exclusive arrangement with RIM to distribute via AppWorld only. I've really no idea -- and no way to find out for you since I don't work for RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you can try and install the regular J2ME version of the game.

you will need to activate the compatibility mode, and there will be no BlackBerry optimization.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
van45nav

[ Edited ]

I tried install regular j2me. It was successfull. But that's something wrong when i ran that game i have a message, it says, " Uncaught exception : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError " .

Do you know what it means?

I tried many times with many regular j2me with resolution 320x240, but i have same results.

Do you know what can i do? 

Mmm.. about activate compability mode, i didn't fine compability mode's menu.

My device is bb 8520 v4.6.1

I think to find the compability mode, first go to setting menu and then go to advanced options then choose application what 's you want to enable compability mode, just press blackberry's button, and location compability mode is below "edit permission", right?  

Sorry for my bad English....   ;-)

Thanks before for your help.  :-)

Guru I
Xandrex

hum, now that I think of it, it is possible that the compatibility mode is only available on Storm / Storm 2.

I do not see the option on my 8900.

About the NoClassDefFoundError, it means the application does not work on your device. Sorry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
van45nav

Thank you for all your help....

I think it's very good if my country  ( INDONESIA )  also support to buy in Blackberry App World

In my country Blackberry is THE BEST device..

Almost all of my friend used Blackberry.

But they couldn't get any software or games in any forum..

Only in Blackberry App World is the most completed.

I'm pleased to wait Blackberry App World give support to buy in my country...

Sorry for my bad English...

Thanks, bro.... 

Guru I
Xandrex

you can look at stores other than AppWorld. For instance MobiHand, Handango, Handmark, BPlay.