Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

steedal
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Downloading App to reinstall on new device

Hi, I just got a new Bold 9650 from Sprint and am trying to reinstall my apps on new phone.  When I try to download Brio Calorie Tracker it says that the app is not available on your device or for your carrier.  I know the carrier is fine because I was on Sprint before with my Curve 8530 and using the app. I NEED this app! :-)  Anyone got any ideas on how I can get this app back?  OS version 5.0.0.621. and plenty of free space.

Thanks!

Andra

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Downloading App to reinstall on new device

I'd contact them to double check that's it's compatible with the 9650.

Even though on the App World site it saiys it should be for all devices and carriers

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1228

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmb89
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Im having the excat same issue with virtuially every app I try and download from the app store. Wouldnt there be some update to the app stoire inadavcne of the release of a new device? Its not like the 9650 is a radical device with a new OS. Its virtually the same as the 9630. Why is this a problem?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

jmb89 wrote:

Im having the excat same issue with virtuially every app I try and download from the app store. Wouldnt there be some update to the app stoire inadavcne of the release of a new device? Its not like the 9650 is a radical device with a new OS. Its virtually the same as the 9630. Why is this a problem?

when a developer releases an application in AppWorld, they declare a whitelist of models that the application can run on. When a new device appears, the developer has to release a new version of the application (even if nothing changed), just to add that new model to the white list.

There used to be a lot of issues for example with people owning the 8330m: most applications were compatible both the 8330 and the 8330m, but were declared to be only compatible with the 8330.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.