Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360

Downloading apps from computer to smartphone 9360

I'm not a "techy" and I'm sure any 10 year old could do this in a flash, but I need some help.  I've been trying to download a few apps. from my computer to my phone.  No luck.  Help!

New Contributor

Re: Downloading apps from computer to smartphone 9360

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Hello speedy64

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try this :

KB28715 : How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a Computer system

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

The easiest thing to do would be to get your apps from app world, or OTA (over the air) from a website.  HOWEVER you can use BB Desktop Manager to load apps on to the device, but they need to be in the correct format .ALX.   You would just connect the BB, then go to Apps on DM, and then Import, then navigate to the ALX files.   

Alternately, you might be able to get a .JAD or .JAR file to install, but using mass storage mode, and transfering the file manually via the PC.  That is connect the BB to the PC and let it read it like a thumb drive (it's called Mass Storage Mode), and transfer the apps over to your SD card or the device memory.  Then use the Files app on the device to navigate to the file and then click on the file to run it.  That MIGHT work to install it.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

I've tried several times but I'm not having much luck.  I manage to get to point #5 and I dowload the BB App World Web plug-in.  I get the message that the plug-in has been installed.  I connect my phone to my computer and I pick an App to download.  I click download and the next screen takes me back to No. 5. and says I haven't installed the plug-in!

A question... On No. 7 it says "Begin Sync" - where?  On my phone or computer?

Anyway I'mr ready to give up.  I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.