Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

cerenatee
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

Re: E pub books on BB Playbook--How to

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the detailed information. I was able to follow everything until I closed the book. 

Where are the books located on the playbook? And what reader are you using to read them if you're not reading them in Amazon?

Thanks for your help. Once I got off the internet to read the books offline, all was lost.

cerenatee

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pomskie
My Device: blackberry tablet
My Carrier: non blackberry user

Re: E pub books on BB Playbook

If you find out let me know please!!  That is the reason I bought the playbook, can't believe they produce the playbook here and you can't even access the public library!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
julielucas0711
My Device: Playbook 16 G
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hey Cerenatee,

Since I posted the "directions" for using the Amazon Cloud on the Playbook, I realized that you will "lose" the books if you close the cloud reader app.  I open it at my house and download the books using my wifi, but you have to leave the "page' open.  If I don't press the x at the bottom of the cloud reader, I can still read the books without the wifi connection.  I think the book is saved in the cloud as opposed to saving them on the PB.  I guess I don't really go "offline".  

Hope that helps!

j

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
julielucas0711

Hey Cerenatee,

Since I posted the "directions" for using the Amazon Cloud on the Playbook, I realized that you will "lose" the books if you close the cloud reader app.  I open it at my house and download the books using my wifi, but you have to leave the "page' open.  If I don't press the x at the bottom of the cloud reader, I can still read the books without the wifi connection.  I think the book is saved in the cloud as opposed to saving them on the PB.  I guess I don't really go "offline".  

Hope that helps!

j

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
julielucas0711

Hey Cerenatee,
Since I posted the "directions" for using the Amazon Cloud on the Playbook, I realized that you will "lose" the books if you close the cloud reader app. I open it at my house and download the books using my wifi, but you have to leave the "page' open. If I don't press the x at the bottom of the cloud reader, I can still read the books without the wifi connection. I think the book is saved in the cloud as opposed to saving them on the PB. I guess I don't really go "offline".

Hope that helps!
j
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davesansom
My Device: Playbook - 16GB
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I use 2 solutions that are available through the BB App World:

EPUB Reader and

SVIT.

Copy your epub files to the BOOKS folder on the Playbook. On my Windows laptop, I use the Windows Start button, then type Run, enter the IP address of your Playbook (available throught the About, Network menus in Setup. Mine is \\192.168.0.132). This brings up a window showing all the user-modifiable folders on the Playbook. Choose Media, you'll see the BOOKS folder. Copy your epub books there.  SVIT and EPUB Reader will find them.

Please use plain text.
KnH
New Contributor
KnH
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

1- Add mylibra app

2-conect playbook to computer

3- Go to my computer,

Find folder with epub books, click copy for the books you want to add to the playbook

Then

Click play book

Click “Misc.” folder

Click “android”

Click “mylibra”

Click “book or epub” worked with both folders, paste books to folder

Read books

:Clap:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Pre-purchase research told me the Playbook could read e-pub so I'm disappointed to have bought it & find this untrue. Reading e-pub was the only reason I bought this over something else.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ryan289
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Koodo

Hi im not sure if anybody still looks at this topic or not but i found a way to do it without an app its a site online booki.sh i didnt make it or in any way take credit for it but you can upload just about any .epub file to it and there is even an option to make it available online it is all free and works on the playbook and the computer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martemagne
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: rogers

This topic is completely out of date. With the February update to the Playbook software, one can now download the Overdrive app which allows you to read ePub books and take books out of any library.

Please use plain text.