Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ryan289
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: E pub books on BB Playbook

This topic should be marked as closed thx to pda88 the only recommendation would be to use a different ereader

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/blackberry-playbook-reading-and-news-apps/?did=182

you will still need to learn how to side load but it takes 5 minutes to learn so watch the video and this is really easy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pda88
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

No problem! And thanks for the suggestion. lol, I hope you enjoy reading! Oh by the way, the app that you sugested is much better because you got a page turning animation, way better!

Please use plain text.
SoozT
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I tried that but after I convert the book, there is no "device" to send it to. And haven't found a way to copy and send it to my Playbook.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
juditha
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: bell

After several hours, and a lot of frustration, and a lot of help from app developers (some of them apple developers who won't work with blackberry), I have been able to figure out how to download library books to my husband's playbook and how to transfer and read drm protected books that we purchased previously and have stored on our laptop. As an apple user, I've been amazed at the total lack of consumer support from RIM for blackberry products. The playbook was purchased only because my husband already had a blackberry phone for business. There is no comparison between the two when it comes to consumer support, and the one thing I'm convinced of after the last few months of setting up first his playbook and then his new blackberry phone is that I'm going to stick to my apple products. Anyway, here's what I learned; First, the Overdrive app that comes with the playbook won't work for library books until after you go to Adobe Digitals and get a digital ID. The reason: that ID keeps track of how long you've had the library book and zaps it when the time expires. When you register your id, you need to use an email address. Make sure it's the same as your blackberry id. Once you've done that, overdrive will work (assuming, of course, that you have a membership to the library you go to using the "get books" feature. For other drm protected books, it's a little more complicated. You need Calibre installed on your computer, and then use it to remove drm. Google "Alf" - that's the genius who figured out how to do this. Of course, it goes without saying, we will only remove drm from books we legitimately own. There's an excellent blackberry app - ereader, about $2, that is used to read those books.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
randdon
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

HUH?? Kobo reads all sorts of Epub files, as long as there are no DRM on the Epub file. I use Kobo on my Motorola Zoom and I had Kobo on my Atrix. Kobo on the Zoom could open the file, on the Atrix, Ney Ney! It has something to do with the Kobo reader on each platform and nothing else, for some reason on the smartphone platform it will not open most Epub files, even Kobo bought files!!

Please use plain text.