Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lktrokom
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: EagleEyes Lite from AVTECH

I think it depends on the APN the wireless provider gives you.

For instance, Movistar (telefonica) gives us  blackberry.net  as the default APN  and it does not work, no matter what APN you put manually   (Advanced Options/tcpip).

What APN are you using?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Syner
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

yes it depends on your apn.  this doesn't mean that the app doesn't work though.  i use CINGULAR apn since it is on ATT network in USA.

your issue is with your cellular carrier and RIM not Eagle Eye app or our app.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lktrokom
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Movistar

I agree with you. Too bad Movistar does not have its own APN as default as ATT does.

By the way, I was thinking  about a VPN connection to a router, then the tunnel will make me reach the DVR.

Do you know about a VPN client , IPSEC or similar that works on BlackBerry?.If VPN works, then the Apps will work. Don't you think?

Thanks for the comments

Please use plain text.
Developer
Syner
My Device: Not Specified

in our app we support BES as a virtual vpn.  basically you can piggyback off of your BES to get to the internal network like a vpn.  Of course this only works if you have your bb attached to a BES and the BES has access to the camera on the internal network.

with any regular vpn client i think you will run into the same APN issue you are having now.  Anything outside of the regular web browsing/email will require a real data apn, not the blackberry.net basic one.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kuzco1
My Device: Bold 9700

Hello,

I want to come back to this issue.

With Bold9700 (OS5.0, vodafone.de) I have used EagleEyes 1.2.1 many times.

I have to add manually the APN. web.vodafone.de (User: vodafone, Password: vodafone).

Last week I have changed the OS to V6.0 (provided by vodafone.de), but unfortunately EagleEyes does not work any longer :-(.

It makes no changes using an APN or not.

Have done a ping to my AVR recorder, this works fine.

After clicking the  page, I will get in the same moment the error message: "Connection failed".

Any hint is welcome.

Exists there any other program to check the AVR ?

regards

kuzco

Please use plain text.
PeterRH
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not applicable

[ Edited ]

Is there any chance of getting EagleEyes for the Blackberry Playbook now we have OS2?

Please use plain text.