Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jazzlady
My Device: bold 9900

Ebay app

I absolutely love my bold 9900 butim having problems with the ebay app, it simply will not let me list an item, right at the end of the process. It will say please enter size and brand which I clearly already have, then went I go back to recheck it then says add handling time,  again I have already done, it is so frustrating that I have to go to my computer to use ebay, on my playbook I have more options butvagain it won't let me sell,.saying browser doesn't support selling, so is there any advice or options for me to use ebay on my bold 9900. And also.on my playbook,  

Many thanks,  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pennypjf
My Device: Phone 9320

Re: Ebay app

I have alsohad this problem when trying to list clothes. The only I got round it was by using a general clothes category where it did not ask for size and brand.  Which reduces the chance of a sale.

I have experienced many problems using the app.  In many cases you are forced to select from a list of supplementary descriptions or themes etc none of which may be applicable but we are not given "not applicable" as an option.  Or the list is incomplete.  e.g. In postcards, we have to pick the county after the description but the list given only covers counties beginning a. B.  And c.  You can not type in the correct county.  

It is a real pain not being able to paste descriptions in from outside the app - when I try doing this the next page will not load correctly.

Then you have to enter your postcode, location and PayPal email address every time.  Plus other standard stuff.  I understand this is not the case with other ebay phone apps.

Then there is the issue of not being able to make any changes to a listing that has been uploaded using the app.  Because the ebay site refuses to recognise that you have given PayPal as a payment method.

PLEASE     PLEASE      Please could rim spend some time to develop a new version that resolves the above and other issues.

I have emailed bb/rim support about these issues.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jazzlady
My Device: bold 9900

Yes its incredibly frustrating, and even on the playbook, you can't list at all , as the current browser says you need a higher version, you can't update as it keeps asking for paypal as a payment method and when you type it in AGAIN it still won't accept, both the phone and playbook are way behind on the ebay app,I don't bother to use it now from the phone , I can only relist from the playbook but not create new listing or make amendments, which is very, very frustrating.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
allibongos
My Device: 9320 curve

Yes me to still doing it I have reported to ebay. I cannot list any thing requires brand. I only have a mobile and no pc access so I therefore cannot sell what I wanted to! They don't do anyrhing ignore us!
Please use plain text.