Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
ltolman
My Device: Not Specified

Edocrab doesnt work with 5.0 Software?

I tried to do a search here on the boards for "edocrab" but perhaps this board cannot search for 1 word terms?

So I had installed the 5.0 software on my Storm 9530 and then downloaded this application "edocrab" yet when I go to the scan option I do not have a way to take a picture; the camera portion works but the actual button to take the picture is not available.

I deleted the app, rebooted device, downloaded it again and it still does the same thing. I then of course can go into my camera separately and notice I do have a button to take snapshots so basically I"m wondering if any of you have experienced this as well?

(thanks)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Edocrab doesnt work with 5.0 Software?

hello,

do you have a keyboard on the bottom half of the screen ? can you remove it ? If you can't, it is probable that you are running the application with "compatibility mode". Please deactivate that mode.

home screen >> options >> applications

hover on the application, open menu and deactivate that mode.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ltolman
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Edocrab doesnt work with 5.0 Software?

Nope that didnt work.  I ended up un installing and installing the 4.7 OS version (of edocrab) and it works pretty good with Blackberry OS 5.0

Ok its like this.  I own a Storm 9530 with the 5.0 OS

I went to edocrabs website and there you have 3 links to download; corresponding to your Blackberry OS.  I chose 5.0 cause thats what my OS was but the camera thing was all messed up.  Every few seconds it would pause and not fully take a picture and I couldnt scan things on my own.  So after deleting the application I went back to edocrabs website, chose 4.7 (since i knew it worked for me before), even though I have 5.0 OS installed......and voila so far the application works.

Please use plain text.