Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
TigerT
My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: O2

FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURES NOT SHOWING

i received playbook for christmas but when i go onto my facebook none of the profile pictures show up. I can see photos and posts bug no profile pictures not even my own.

Please use plain text.
dc-dougcarr
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURES NOT SHOWING

I know - same here.  I've had Playbook for over a year now and love it - but with the last "update" to Facebook for Playbook it would appear that profile pictures are not showing.  It's driving me nuts.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deaner62

Re: FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURES NOT SHOWING

Same here, I cant see the profile pictures on my PlayBook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sappy3937
My Carrier: Airtel India

:Censored:Same here. It has been almost one and half mont...

:Censored:Same here. It has been almost one and half months since when Facebook for playbook stopped showing profile pictures. They are not addressing the issue even. Really frustrating. My calendar of playbook does not show facebook birth day reminder which it used show. Sad very Sad!! RIM is not listening us at all. They are focused on BB10 only. Huh.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: :Censored:Same here. It has been almost one and half mont...

well I have no idea whose fault it is.

I remember that Facebook did mess up very bad with their SSL certificates about 1 month ago (they input an incorrect name).

That being said, on my PlayBook I prefer to use the Facebook website. Maybe you prefer the app, but at least you have a full-featured alternative.

That being said, I prefer RIM to be focused on BB10 rather than be focused on that very limited Facebook app :smileyhappy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deaner62

Either way you look at it, there should not be a product out there that they know does not work properly.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Would you prefer that RIM removed the Facebook app fron the App World because of that bug?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deaner62

lol....no, just saying it looks like the issue has been known for awhile and it seems nothings been done about it which doesnt look good.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

I know that RIM has never favored much the FB app for PlayBook (compared to the FB app for BlackBerry phones). I do not think that it "doesn't look good" though. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sappy3937
My Carrier: Airtel India

Re: :Censored:Same here. It has been almost one and half Month...

For me, what is concerning is, a app which was working absolutely fine suddenly becomes problematic that also after one update!!! Then why the update was necessary??? Look at the app world review. Each and every playbook user is facing the same issue globally with FB app in Playbook?? How is it possible? That means, after releasing the update RIM has not gone through testing for a single time??? Hahaha.. They made a update, they wished to push it, they it. See, Facebook application comes handy lots of time, most of the FB user cannot ignore that. Browsers lags sometime, more over when you want to upload photos and videos driectly from your playbook the app is excellent. And I loved to use Playbook Facebook app.

It is fine that RIM is focused on BB10, besides that they also need to address this kind of issues specifically the Playbook FB app is developed by them only.

Please use plain text.