Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
emmathorpe
My Device: Not Specified

**FACEBOOK** & **APP WORLD** Not Working |Please Help!!!! I'm new to Blackberry|

Hi,

I really hope you can help me!! I got my new Blackberry Bold a few days ago.....

I've set everything up - email / wireless and I'm sending and receiving emails fine from my BB, but I'm having problems whereby applications download just fine, but do not work...

1) Facebook - I've set up email on my Blackberry (the same email which my Facebook is set up with) and have downloaded the Facebook Application by going to blackberry.com/facebook and getting a download link sent to this email, I then followed the Blackberry download link and installed Facebook to my Blackberry - successfully. However.....when I try to log on I get "Could not connect because a data
service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support"

2) Blackberry App World - I downloaded this directly from the Blackberry website using my Blackberry but when I try to open this I get "Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. Contact your service provider for more details.

I've spent all afternoon reading forums trying to find the answer but a lot of people seem to have the same problem as me -some have solutions but none have worked for me so far....

I called my service provider Orange to confirm I was properly set up for Blackberry Email / Unlimited Web Browsing and they say everything is fine - and that I should get in contact with Blackberry directly - hence my message on here! 

PLEASE HELP ME!! I'm desperate to just get it working... am I missing something really obvious??? I've never had a Blackberry before so this is all new to me....

Emma

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RyanRoberts519

Re: **FACEBOOK** & **APP WORLD** Not Working |Please Help!!!! I'm new to Blackberry|

Emma-

Does your "1XEV" look like this -"1xev" ?  If so, then go to manage connections, turn off your mobile network, then turn it back on & it should correct itself. My phone does this sometimes. I can't explain why just yet.

Ryan

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emmathorpe

Re: **FACEBOOK** & **APP WORLD** Not Working |Please Help!!!! I'm new to Blackberry|

Hi....

Not sure what you mean by 1XEV??

But my network in the top right corner of my homescreen reads as 3G with the 4 little grouped squares next to the 3G logo?

Either way I've tried turning off all connections and switching them on again, I've taken the battery out and reset and still exactly the same problems exist as my first post describes....

Any other ideas??

It's really starting to annoy me! My internet works fine... I'ts sending and receiving emails from 3accounts I've set up (2xpersonal and 1blackberry).

I don't get it :smileysad:

Emma

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello Emma, your search has come to and end !
a requirement for using facebook and AppWorld is to have a subscription at your carrier, called "BlackBerry data plan".
What you have is an internet plan + email plan, which is not enough.

Just call your carrier and ask for the BlackBerry Data Plan.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
kavhmvs

I'm having this same issue.  I have the Blackberry Data Plan through my service provider and it's still not working.  I've removed Facebook from my phone, restarted it, and reloaded it and I still cannot get access.
Please use plain text.
frazer123
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

i purchased the blackberry torch 2 days ago and the only app that is not working is the facebook one, it lets me sign in sometimes then after only a matter of minutes says my log in session has expired then it just closes down, but most of the time it doesn't let me sign in and just says the facebook server has an unknown error... i don't use twitter but set up an account just to see if the twitter app was working and its fine, i can get onto facebook using the internet browser but i want the app to work, what is the problem? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

@frazer123 if I were you I would try to uninstall the FB app entirely, then reinstall it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Kilsally
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Just got a new curve 8520 and have the same issue - there is no iclusive data on my monthly plan but internet is working fine and wifi connects to my router fine allowing internet access.   Have downloaded Blackberry app store, twitter, facebook and seesmic (a twitter client).  The blackberry app store works and seesmic works but both twitter and facebook say  `you are  currently on a service plan that does not support this application..contact your service provider - so why is internet working and seesmic working but not twitter and facebook?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Twitter and Facebook, as well as all applications developped by RIM (Maps, Protect, WLM, Y!Msg and so on) require a BIS plan.

For the rest, I am not sure.

Please use plain text.
MikeSpider
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

• Hi Guys , I have a BB Curve 9320

I have the same problem and for me the temporary solution is to disconnect themobile network, and leave 

the Wi-Fi network on, then switch off the telephone, remove the battery for a few seconds, put battery back on,

turn on phone try the Applications that weren't working, turn on mobile network.

It works for me, but don't know if it's gonna last.  

I believe there must be some kind of  bug that sees bconflit both network connections as a conflict.

Hope that helps,

Mike Spider

Please use plain text.