Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rehobsamuel
My Device: tourch 9860
My Carrier: service
Accepted Solution

FM not working

I have 9860 tourch. After upgraded to version 7 I am not able to find FM application from device. Kindly advice how can I get the same.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: FM not working

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Two things...OS 7.0 did not include the FM radio feature...OS 7.1 is where that began.

Secondly, only a limited set of BB models had included in their hardware the FM radio receiver necessary to actually function as an FM radio; the 9860 was not among those. Hence, no amount of OS or software can overcome a hardware limitation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rehobsamuel

But when I bought 9860 tourch I have FM radio function.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You did? Well, when I got mine, it didn't. Perhaps you can expand on exactly what you had before?

Maybe you are thinking of an app that, via internet streaming, plays FM radio stations? This would be very different from the BB itself having an FM radio receiver, to play local FM radio stations over the air...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rehobsamuel

My question was for local FM radio receiver which will come inbuilt n device. Not for the internet FM radio
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

None of the specs that I know of for the 9860 include the FM radio. A couple of Curve models included it (9360 and 9380, as I recall), but none of the Torch models.

So, again, what gives you the indication that it had it before you did this update?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I concur. The 9860 never had FM radio built in. As sdgardne stated, only a couple of the Curve models had it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rehobsamuel

Does blackberry Torch 9860 RDP71UW have this function?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

No BlackBerry Torch has that function. None. Nada.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I guess that there is only one way to get the point across that we've said maybe 3 or more times already...

rehobsamuel wrote:
Does blackberry Torch 9860 RDP71UW have this function?

No. 

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.