Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
azyman84
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook 1.5 PROBLEM

Has anybody else downloaded facebook 1.5 and had serious issues w/ their calendar.  I now have a duplicate of every entry in my bb calendar and it doesn't let me delete appointments that I added from my gmail calendar that syncs w/ the bberry.  

I also can't delete the program from my phone.  It doesn't even give me the option to delete like every other program I've downloaded.  something is very very wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Facebook 1.5 PROBLEM

Please don't duplicate post..

Default Calendar service is changed after installing Facebook for BlackBerry 1.5

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor
azyman84

Fair Enough.  I changed the calendar option, which I'm happy about, but it unfortunately didn't fix any of the problems...

Thanks for the reply anyway. 

kkspan

[ Edited ]

The link you gave above didn't help resolve the issue.  I hope they get this fixed soon. 

Message Edited by kkspan on 04-26-2009 01:52 AM
thirstyme

[ Edited ]

Same issue.

I installed Facebook and want to turn off the calendar option for Facebook. However, I cannot delete the events on there currently. I have turned the option off in FB, then I cleared all calendar items using advance backup option, restarted the phone, and sync the phone with my current calendar option. Is it possible to delete the entire facebook calendar?

Note: I also use google sync for my normal calendar.  I also swapped my default calendar back to my vzw calendar.  Finally, I can delete each entry individually.  One by one.  Currently I have 193 entries so I don't want to have to do that to delete FB calendar.

Message Edited by thirstyme on 04-28-2009 04:10 PM
Contributor
zocster

[ Edited ]

I don't use outlook, instead I mostly use google sync, and keeping my facebook app installed for the contacts to be available.

* go to options on facebook 1.5 and uncheck Blackberry Calendar, (and Blackberry contacts application). Then Clear cache in facebook, and log out.

* go to options on the Blackberry and go to advanced options then go to default services and change the calendar (CICAL) to the default (ie google).

* Go to your calendar and note all your appointments that you wish to keep, (as the next step could delete them off your device calendar). Double check on google calendar website that those appointments are still there.

* Delete all appointments in blackberry calendar, by pressing ‘RSET’, that does not need to be in capital but those are the exact letters you need to put in when you are in the calendar and pressing the menu. For QWERTY users type normal, for Sure Type devices r is pressing the key number 1 twice etc (go in to calendar, press the menu key, then options, that is where you would need to enter these four letters as a command)

* You will then be prompted to reset/clear the facebook calendar, AND the google calendar you have already on your device. Say yes to all of them as long as you have double checked your google calendar is up to date.

* Once deleted, do a soft reset, battery pull, or look for a program called quickpull.

* After rebooting try another google sync. If report says items deleted then go into your google calendar and re-insert them. Try the sync again. Then check to see they are under the right calendar.

* log back into facebook, ensure that blackberry calendar sync service is Unticked, then go to your options, advanced options, default services and see if it’s still your google. Hope this helps, this worked for me, no duplicates!

Message Edited by zocster on 05-15-2009 05:54 PM
seliga16

GREAT WORK ZOCSTER.  Ive had the same problem for months.  I followed all your steps and now I only have my google calendar. thanks.  Facebook has got to fix this.

bulldog007
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi there,

I have a similar, but different, painful problem. 

I had this problem once and I called my operator (o2 in the UK), and they said that if I re-download Facebook from the BBerry app store, it should work better, but it didn't. 

I have installed Facebook. It took over my calendar. When I try and make an entry into my bberry, it always goes in as a facebook calendar entry. When I sync with my desktop, it doesn't sync into my main calendar. 

I've deleted the facebook app, and Facebook as the Default Calendar(CiCal) in the Advanced Options > Default Services entry remains. Not only that, but I cannot change it to anything else or remove it. 

I've tried a Security Wipe of all installed Apps, and it didn't help. 

When I go to Calendar > Options >Select Calendar ..., I can change the calendar but only for that one time, and it still doesn't sync properly. Please help me, and why can't Bbery pre-vet such an important application as Facebook before it puts it on its App Store. Very poor user experience I must say. 

Please help.