Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DomConway
My Device: 8900

Facebook 1.5 doesn't sync all FB friend pictures to BB contacts

I have synced my BlackBerry contacts with my Facebook ones using the Facebook app version 1.5.0.32, however some of my contacts' Facebook photos aren't pulled down to my BB.  I have tried refreshing and doing a manual syc but the same happens.  Any ideas please?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DomConway

Re: Facebook 1.5 doesn't sync all FB friend pictures to BB contacts

Sorry to bump this but anyone got any thoughts please?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stew721
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]
I don't have a resolution, but have experienced the same issue though.  I've only noticed this with one contact though, all others sync just fine.  For whatever reason though, her profile pic refuses to sync to my BB.  The issue persisted with the single contact through a cache clearing, disconnecting and reconnecting to BB address book, and a battery-pull.
Message Edited by stew721 on 06-01-2009 07:01 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DomConway

[ Edited ]

I've just checked and can see two that don't pull the picture down for me although there might be more, and all the others (100-odd) are fine.  It does pull down the other info into the BB contact however, like company and Facebook name.

I also tried the things you have and noticed it doesn't even say "Retrieving profile picture" when I disconnect and reconnect the contact, which it does if I disconnect any other contact, delete their picture then re-add them.  Wonder if it's something to do with the picture format.

Message Edited by DomConway on 02-03-2009 10:03 AM
Please use plain text.