Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

tiburon7227
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Facebook 1.6 problems

So there is nothing I can do without contacting my IT team?

I guarantee that I can not get them to chage their policy....

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Not that I'm aware of. I'm in the same boat. I can only toggle the Messages options. The other 2 options are grayed out.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
tiburon7227

Same exact thing.

Hopefully they will correct this in future releases.

I really liked the calendar and pictures popping up when folks called me...

Please use plain text.
tragicbaboon

Hey all. I have the same issue, and my T-Mobile 8800 has version 4.2.1.74.  I asked my helpdesk guys to upgrade my OS, and was informed by them that 4.2.1.74 is the latest version with T-Mobile. 

Could that be true?  If so, what can I do?  Would gladly install 1.5 again.... :smileysad:  Thanks

Please use plain text.
j_e_n

I'm unable to upgrade to version 4.5 on my Blackberry 8800, because the USB port is broken; I have to upgrade wirelessly and cannot find any link on the Blackberry site to do so. Of course, the upgrade to Facebook 1.6 failed - no icon is to be found and I've deleted and reinstalled and rebooted almost ten times. Is there any OTA link to download Facebook 1.5? I prefer 1.5 anyway. Ugh, this whole situation has me so agitated. I wasted almost an entire day trying to figure out what was wrong with the app and phone. This is ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
txdoc

Hi,

I have the same problem. T-Mobile with version 4.2.1.74. Our IS says it is the latest version available for T-Mobile, and they have not blocked social networking. Those with AT&T and 4.5 have upgraded to facebook 1.6 successfully, but none of us with T-Mobile.

I have tried soft reboot, hard reboot, changing themes, deleting the application and installing it fresh - everything.

Can we download or restore facebook 1.5 anywhere - and it needs to be a link that we can open from the blackberry directly because we all have problems with the desktop manager and our IS cannot solve this issue at this time.

Thank you! 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Hello everyone! I have just received word that a new release of Facebook 1.6.0 has been released. The issue regarding 4.2.1.x versions of device software has been addressed. Please go ahead and install it, I would recommend removing the currently installed version before attempting to download the latest version.

Let me know how it goes.