Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Facebook 1.7.0.18

Lets hope I can find something for you guys.  That, or perhaps there will be an update soon.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

[ Edited ]

Krypto, do you think it could have something to do with the OS on the BB?

Edit: I think the OS might have something to do with it...or I just got extremely lucky. I snagged the 5.0 OS this morning and pretty much all of my FB issues went away. There is a tiny bit of jerk still, but I can easily over look it and use the app as it was intended. I noticed the OP was/is using an older OS than I was. Maybe the new FB app is intended for use on the newer OSes, like the BB IM is more designed wit hte 5.0 OS than the 4.7 OS.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to correct me.

Photobucket
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i hope you can help me! I also have trouble with the facebook application. After installing the 1.7.0.18 i can't get access to my linked contacts with facebook in my phonebook. I can't open or edit them.For example if i want to send an email to an contact in the email field "content protection is enabled" is dispayed. This only happens with the facebook contacts. I could only solve this with uninstall Facebook application, editing the options don't help! Does anybody also know this problem or much better could give me a tip to solve this problem!

Thank you very much!

P.S.:

Blackberry Bold 9000

v4.6.303

I have FB 1.7.018 and it has been working fine for a few weeks since the last update. Today i get kicked out of the app and now for the past few hours it's been telling me "Cannot Connect because Data Service is Not Available". I have done a battery pull several times. i even removed the app and reinstalled it. No change.

New Contributor

I was constantly getting the "data service" issue. It was intermittent. When I wasn't getting that, I was getting "login expired" messages. Of course, when I tried to log in, I'd get "data service" again - argh!! It's not as bad now as it was. I think much of that problem is at FB's end. Are you having trouble with FB on a PC? I am (still); many of the new changes are as buggy as hell.

Can anyone explain what's going on with OS 5? I keep seeing stuff online from users who have installed it, but it doesn't seem "officially offical" yet...:smileyindifferent:

I had this same problem after upgrading to facebook 1.7 and OS 5.0.

The issue for me was compatability mode — it was already on for Facebook.

Disabling it allowed facebook to run in the full window in all of its 1.7 glory.

Options > applications > select add-on tab > highlight Facebook 1.7.0.18 > blackberry button "disable compatibility mode"

This did the trick. Hope it helps.

Elite I

ScreamAtTrees wrote:

I had this same problem after upgrading to facebook 1.7 and OS 5.0.

The issue for me was compatability mode — it was already on for Facebook.

Disabling it allowed facebook to run in the full window in all of its 1.7 glory.

Options > applications > select add-on tab > highlight Facebook 1.7.0.18 > blackberry button "disable compatibility mode"

This did the trick. Hope it helps.

Great suggestion!  And sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner.  I forgot to look back further in my previous posts in search of replies.  Try the above suggestion and see if that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Try the attached installer for version 1.6.0.21.

1. Unzip the files on your computer
  2. Copy the files to your media card on the phone
  3. Go to media card, press menu button and "Explore"
  4. Browse to the folder containing the files and open the file ending in .jad and it will ask you to install

I hope this works on OS higher than 4.5, but I am not sure.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone- I'm new here, but having the same problem with the tiny screen with the blue outline. I had the latest fb on my Storm, and then upgraded to OS 5 just the other day, and that's when all the problems started. First, it wouldn't let me access fb at all- everytime I tried it would take me to the download page. Then, after uninstalling, reinstalling, etc...it worked. Now, I just have a tiny screen that won't go into landscape mode and is surrounded by a thick blue border. I tried disabling compatability mode and it didn't seem to work either. Any other ideas?

Edit:

Just kidding- after doing a battery pull, fb works fine again. Thanks!!!

Elite I

salty, thanks for updating us!  Amazing what a battery pull can fix!