Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
diamondslb
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

Facebook 2.0 not working on my blackberry curve

I downloaded the newest version of Facebook for Blackberry (2.0) on Wednesday evening.  Since then I received perhaps one or two news feeds and now nothing.  The news feed has not refreshed in at least 36 hours even though my settings are to check every 30 minutes.  I've done a battery pull, a restart, cleared caches, checked permissions, checked settings, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  I notice that it happened once I discontinued notifications to my blackberry which was a setting I used with the previous version successfully.  I can only use Facebook if I use "Go to Mobile Site" from the FB app menu.  I have a BB Curve 8530 o.s. v 5.0.  I know its old but I'm stuck with it until January when my plan allows an upgrade so I'd like to keep using Facebook.  If there's no solution, I would like to know how I can go back to the previous release as it was at least working.

Please use plain text.
trevorisacc
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Pioneer Cellular

Re: Facebook 2.0 not working on my blackberry curve

I have sort of the same problem. My facebook app will work for... maybe 10 minutes or so, and then it'll just stop working. I'll stop getting chats, the newsfeed will stop updating, I won't get anymore notifications. Can anyone PLEASE help? :/

Please use plain text.
janno
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: net surfer

same here...reply asap on how to download it...

Please use plain text.
ilove2laughja
My Carrier: Metro PCS

i am having the same issues as well

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diamondslb
My Carrier: Telus

This is STILL causing me a problem.  HELP

Please use plain text.
Catesuh
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Cricket

I just upgraded to Blackberry 2.0 when I got the announcement on my phone. I selected to upgrade and did the system reboot after the download.

When my phone rebooted my Facebook widget was deleted off my phone. I went to downloads and it wasn't there either. I check in Blackberry AppWorld and it was listed as being installed but nowhere to be found in my phone.

I chose to uninstall Facebook so I could go reinstall it... and now it won't let me reinstall it.

I've gone to the support pages to attempt to download from my Blackberry browser since I can't through AppWorld and the screens for support or download will NEVER load. Or it takes so long that the page errors out. One night I tried to go to the support page before going to bed (with a completely full battery) and woke the next morning to my phone completely dead.

Blackberry AppWorld & Facebook for Blackberry - This seems to be a MAJOR ISSUE. Please have it resolved soon.

Sincerely,

A faithful user

Please use plain text.