Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
eywong
My Device: Z10 STL 100-3

Facebook 3.1.0.17 causes my phone to continuously restart

[ Edited ]

Facebook 3.1.0.17 is a bad app for my phone. Right after the App World app installed Facebook on my phone, the phone self-rebooted. Near the end of the initialization process, the phone self-rebooted again. The phone never came up in operational mode. This self-reboot cycle continued infinitely until I pulled the battery.

I have remedied the situation. My phone works ok now.

Phone: Torch 9800

OS version: 6.0.0.723

Platform: 6.6.0.248

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Facebook 3.1.0.17 causes my phone to continuously restart

Start the phone in safe mode. To do this, remove the battery and reinsert, then once the loading bar is displayed on the screen , press and hold the Escape key for approximately 30 seconds. This should prompt the phone to reboot in safe mode.

Once you've done this, delete the Facebook app from your phone, then do another battery pull to get your phone back to regular mode.

You should then be back up and running and can redownload the Facebook app from http://blackberry.com/facebook.

I hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!