If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DjentlemanJoe
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Facebook App Issues!

Looks like I'm not the only one having problems with this new update!

I get a notification, I check. Its ALWAYS a friend request. I accept the request, and it leaves the notification on my phone, so I can't get rid of the little facebook symbol on my home screen, even though there's no unchecked notifications.

So this happened once, it was a FR from someone I don't know. I deleted the app, reinstalled, problem solved.

Then, yesterday I get a friend Request from my best friend...despite already having him! I accepted and it said the request was cancelled. So I assumed he was just messing me around, but its happened twice again now, and now I have 3 'phantom' FB notifications that won't go away. Is there some way to fix this? I can't be reinstalling the app every single time this happens. I don't have 15 minutes to wait for my phone to reboot all the time.

Any solutions?

Note: I'm using a 9300 Curve with the latest app.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Facebook App Issues!

in Facebook, log off then log on.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DjentlemanJoe

On the site, or in the App?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

on your 9300, open the facebook app and find the place to log off facebook within the app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DjentlemanJoe

Worked a charm! Thanks for the help! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.