Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DjentlemanJoe
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Facebook App Issues!

Looks like I'm not the only one having problems with this new update!

I get a notification, I check. Its ALWAYS a friend request. I accept the request, and it leaves the notification on my phone, so I can't get rid of the little facebook symbol on my home screen, even though there's no unchecked notifications.

So this happened once, it was a FR from someone I don't know. I deleted the app, reinstalled, problem solved.

Then, yesterday I get a friend Request from my best friend...despite already having him! I accepted and it said the request was cancelled. So I assumed he was just messing me around, but its happened twice again now, and now I have 3 'phantom' FB notifications that won't go away. Is there some way to fix this? I can't be reinstalling the app every single time this happens. I don't have 15 minutes to wait for my phone to reboot all the time.

Any solutions?

Note: I'm using a 9300 Curve with the latest app.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Facebook App Issues!

in Facebook, log off then log on.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
DjentlemanJoe

On the site, or in the App?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

on your 9300, open the facebook app and find the place to log off facebook within the app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
DjentlemanJoe

Worked a charm! Thanks for the help! :smileyhappy: