Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stephyamanda
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook App - Not receiving notifications

Since yesterday, the facebook app on my phone(8530 curve) worked fine. I would always recieve notifcations when friends woul message me, comment on status', pictrues, etc. but yesterday for some reason, my facebook started to get buggy. It would tell me that it wasn't able to fufill my request and would display an error code at the end of that message. After 100 times of trying to log in, eventually it would let me, but then it would sign me out right away.

I was told to take out my battery & put it back in, and that worked. However, today I am not recieving notifcations. Half way through the day, I got a message that appeared on facebook when I logged in & it said something about my push notifications not being on and I would recieve a message telling me when they were working? I have no idea what that means and I have no idea how to turn push notifications on?

I checked my settings on my computer for facebook, and everything is fine. I receive facebook notifcation e-mail on my hotmail(no spam) but the notifications just won't appear on my phone.

How can I fix this? I have tried reinstalling facebook already.

Please use plain text.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Facebook App - Not receiving notifications

Hello stephyamanda,

There are 2 articles from our BlackBerry Technical Solution Center which might help you with the Facebook Notifications:

KB17087 - Push and email notifications are received for the same item, or no notification is received when using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones

KB14358 - Notifications are not received from Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones

Have a look at these two articles and let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beksterb
My Device: blackberty torch

i tried those suggestions - nothing is working. no matter what settings i try, i am not getting my notifications? what the....?:Devil2:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ericonline00
My Device: curve 8520

im not getting notifications too, tried logging in with another profile and it worked, problem with this profile onli, please help im frustrated

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ericonline00
My Device: curve 8520

I am really pissed off, somebody please help me, i am not receiving and notification for this account on the facebook application for blackberry

Please use plain text.