Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jusacruiser
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Facebook App

So far the facebook app has been just mediocre.  One of the best functions of facebook, is the facebook chat.  Facebook chat can't be done on the BB facebook app.

Someone was telling me the other day that the iphone has the "chat" capability.  Now, since one of the Blackberry's best benefits is texting....does'nt it make sense that Blackberry users be able to chat?

NOTE TO BLACKBERRY.....if you are reading this....please don't say that this is a contract problem out of your control and can't fix.  I am looking at my two year contract with my first blackberry as sort of a trial period....and for me to get another Blackberry in the future, the facebook app not having chat capability would be a dealbreaker.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Facebook App

jusacruiser, this is up to Facebook as well, not just BlackBerry.  I actually believe Facebook creates the applications using the Java development software, so if you have issue with this, take it up with Facebook.  They can then work with BlackBerry to create this functionality if they so choose.

Please also remember that you purchased a BlackBerry, not an iPhone.  Accordingly, the two phones will have different functionality.  iPhones are good for some things, while BlackBerrys are good for others.  I won't get into the debate about which is better, but they aren't the same.  You've already had several posts complaining about various features and yelling at BlackBerry, but if you have suggestions, you might be better served by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, or contacting the Blackberry support department at your carrier.

As a FYI, "yelling" using capitalized letters won't help your case... send a calm suggestion, and trust me, you'll get a much better response.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi jusacruiser,

Don't be too disappionted!! RIM never mentioned that this is the end of facebook apps development. I believe many more features are yet to be integrated. However, Its not cetrain that all that we wish to have (that is available in main facebook site) might not be there...again these RIM built apps arevery useful and robust.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jusacruiser

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.  I will make a note of it.

I also think that if I was an executive at Blackberry and I wanted a really competitive communications device, then it would be imperative to get honest feedback....good or bad.   If all the messages are cheerful and everybody is patting each other on the back and does not offer constructive critisim, then those that rule at Blackberry will be at a disadvantange.

I will continue to be honest whether negative or positive....because I care.  After all, like you said.....I chose Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Just thought I'd mention that apparently a new version of Facebook is getting closer to being released for BlackBerry.  Facebook 1.5 should be out relatively soon.  The biggest feature seems to be the integration of Facebook messages into the BlackBerry Messages.  Didn't read anything about chat, but we'll see.

Again, in the future, if you have suggestions, I'd strongly suggest contacting your carrier's BlackBerry support (they can pass on your suggestions), or use the Contact links listed below.  The catch is that not all messages on the forum may get read by BlackBerry staff, whereas messages sent through official channels will be read.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
mrecint

Has anyone ran into this problem? When it notifies me that I have a message or someone comments on a photo, I the text box is blank. There is a blinking cursor, but I can't type. There is no message whatsover, it just says "____ has sent you a message"

I can see it in my inbox on the Web, and I have notfications turned on for that e-mail account and see then in the e-mails.

Is this an error in the app (do I need to re-install?) or on my settings on Facebook somewhere?

Thanks
Please use plain text.