Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Legendary99
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Facebook Application for BlackBerry

Hey, I can't stress this enough and I don't know why RIM isn't taking this into consideration (that I know of at least). But, all I am asking for is a Facebook Chat feature for the new facebook application 2.0, simple as that. It's one of the main reasons that I even have facebook! Facebook Chat would make it a 10/10 rated application. But other than that, good job on the rest and keep it up. Can anyone tell me if I should be expecting a feature like this soon? I just got the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I wanna make some good use out of it!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Facebook Application for BlackBerry

I haven't heard anything about it.

However today Meebo released a beta app for the BlackBerry that let's you chat with your Facebook friends. http://www.meebo.com/blackberry/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Legendary99

Nice! Thanks bro! But RIM should seriously consider it, and have it work over any connection (WiFi, 3G, 2G ect). And is this Meebo legit/safe?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Yes, it's a popular muti-IM client you can access over the web and now on BlackBerry devices. It's been out on Android and iPhone. I use it a lot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Legendary99

Ohh nice, I have one more question. MeeboIM seems to be only working with a Wi-Fi connection. I have a Unlimited Social Networking plan with Telus so there is no reason this shouldent be working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.