If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
miles_trooper
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

Facebook, BIS and message reconciliation

I use the Facebook 1.6 app on my Bold. And I like it. But one thing that annoys me....

Obviously all the facebook notification emails have to go to my email account (hotmail). And BIS picks them up, and then when they hit the device I'm guessing rather than hitting the messages folder like normal, the device punts them into facebook for display there.

But now I'm left with all the notification emails in my Hotmail account. If I wasn't using the facebook app, i'd delete these from my messages list and they'd be gone from hotmail too (as I have reconciliation on). But because I am using it, even when I delete messages from facebook etc.. (and I know not all notifications are facebook messages) they are not deleted from Hotmail.

I considered setting up an auto-filter on hotmail to punt FB messages into a sub-folder, but then BIS won't see them.

Does anyone know of a way to work around being left with a massive inbox cleanup of all facebook messages once a week?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Facebook, BIS and message reconciliation

in the facebook application, did you check the notifications options ? If I recall correctly there is one specific to your issue (ie : delete the notification email after the facebook application has processed it)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
miles_trooper
My Device: Bold

Re: Facebook, BIS and message reconciliation

Spot on - leave mail on sever checkbox. Thanks so much.

I hadn't seen this - in fact hadn't even realised Facebook had its own options.

Please use plain text.