Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
HeXx123321
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Facebook Fail Error 1502 No Server Access

:Helpsmilie:After getting the new update from RIM v3.0.0.17 everthing worked perfectly till yesterday, i tried goin on facebook in the morning and all i got was a 1502 error. i waited a while to see if time might heal the whole problem but still nothing. After doing nothing the whole day i went to check it out and still it gave me the same 1502 Error. i deleted the new facebook and reinstall but still the 1502 error was still there. i went to RROYY archive to look for the old version of facebook but it wasnt there,. the only thing i found there was the latest version of Facebook which i didnt want. somebody please help me!! Now facebook works and then stops working and then it works for like 5 seconds and then goes back to being problematic... feeling like trashing the **bleep** thing and getting a decent Android phone sometimes...

piter_taufit
My Device: Playbook

Re: Facebook Fail Error 1502 No Server Access

try to downgraded back to 3.0.0.15

New Contributor
heidir
My Device: Curve 8520

I have the same problem for 2 days now. I rebooted, removed battery still no access.

Just delete the Facebook app now and will try reloading it. Just hope that it helps.

nadspage
My Device: 8520

I've been trying to find out HOW to downgrade to V 3.1.0.15 for the last 2 days and can't do it.

RROYY archives only has the latest version. (3.1.0.17) which is exactly what I'm trying to get rid of.

This 1502 error seems widespread, but whether it's a RIM, or a carrier problem, there are enough complaints on appworld to warrant SOME sort of response from someone surely??

Anyway, if someone knows how to get theprevious version back, I'd appreciate the help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello all,

For those wishing to find a way to fall back to a prior AW version, be aware that officially there are typically two versions available to you:

1. The most recent version, available at (from your BB Browser) http://blackberry.com/appworld/download
  2. The version originally packaged with your OS:
  • KB14473 How to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Anything between those two would require some 3rd party hosting something "out there" on the Internet.

For those wishing that, by posting in this forum, RIM will see and respond to your pleas, please re-read the Ts and Cs of this site. This site is not a channel for any formal communication to/from RIM. Rather, this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers helping other users to the best of their abilities. RIM desires, I am sure, to read everything posted here, but I have my doubts as to their ability to do so. But, for certain, you should expect no formal response from them on this site, for that is contradictory to the charter of this site.

Rather, if you wish to create a groundswell of pressure on RIM, then using the formal support channels, to which you agreed when you obtained your BB services, would be the way to go -- formal escalation from your mobile service provider. They are 100% responsible for all of your formal support, and can escalate into RIM for things they cannot resolve. The more complaints that arrive at the carriers, the more likely the carriers are to put pressure on RIM. That is how the formal support channel works, and you agreed to that model when you signed up for BB services from your carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code