If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
RockoChloe
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook Icon Won't Show Up In Menu

I had the facebook icon with all my other icons in my menu, some how the icon got deleted but the program still ran when i accessed it through BlackBerry App World. I've been trying to get the facebook icon back on my menu, I've uninstalled and reinstalled facebook, rebooted my BlackBerry, and took out the battery while my BlackBerry was still on (I saw that as a suggestion on another post) but nothing has worked. (I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone) Any suggestions? 
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Facebook Icon Won't Show Up In Menu

Is you icon in your Applications or Downloads folder? Also check to make sure the icon isn't hidden anywhere. If it was on the home screen you can display the menu and choose "Show All" to display all of the hiden icons (they will appear as being dimmed out). Once you display the hidden icons check all your folders again, as the setting takes affect for all your folders. If you find the icon, select it, hit the menu button, and uncheck Hide
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RockoChloe

The facebook icon was originally in my general menu with all other applications. I took your advise and selected show all in my menu but the facebook icon still did not appear
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

You check all your folders too when everything was unhidden? It still shows as being installed if you go into Options | Advanced Options | Applications?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RockoChloe

When I go to Options/ Advanced Options/ Applications, Facebook appears on the list. How do i get the icon to appear on my (main) Menu?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

That means it's installed then. I can't say which folder though. If you check ALL your folders you'll see it. Just make sure all the icons are unhidden also. I've seen that people have found it where they weren't expecting it to be.

Also you can try using the browser on your device and going to "www.facebook.com". If you scroll to the bottom of the page see if there's a link to download FaceBook. Try installing that way and see if the icon appears

Please use plain text.
malq21

I am having the same problem on my blackberry. I upgraded my operating system to 4.5 and now the facebook application will not show up in the menu. It is listed in the applications, so I know it is downloaded on my phone.. but only after I uninstall it again, does the application show up in my menu. It always disappears when it is installed. How do I fix this?

Please use plain text.
jdcord

i just got my first blackberry last night and I'm having a little bit of fun with it so far.  I ran into the same issue with the facebook thing.  dowload after download and I kind of just gave up on it and was going to call my provider.  In the meantime I was fooling around with it and decided to check out the different themes offered on the device and tested a couple out.  well, low and behold, i went to the apps pages and saw my facebook icon.  I switched back to original theme and bye, bye again.  Went back to other themes and hello again.  So that may be a temporary fix until blackberry can fix the glitch for that particular theme.  I hope this helps you guys.

Please use plain text.
steven3939

I actually had the same problem and i was reading this for help myself...... So i started looking around and i found the facebook icon under the communities folder...... then if it is there click the blackberry button and hit move the put it to the folder that says up..... and it should show up..... hope this is the same problem you are having and i hope it works.................... good luck

Please use plain text.
Xexion

I have the exact same problem with my Curve 8330

Changed theme and there it was as he said and changed back and poof its gone but i could still do the equivalent of alt+tab (change application) and get into it. so whats up?

Please use plain text.