If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stevefal
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Tigo Tanzania

Facebook Messenger stopped working

My Facebook Messenger app was working fine on my Bold 9790 until yesterday morning.

I was chatting with my friend and my phone suddenly died (It does that now when the battery is below about 50%, I think it's because I need a new battery). Anyway, after restarting my phone, the Facebook Messenger app just says "no messages" and when I refresh, it says "connection error".

But the app's new mesage icon still appears at the top of my home screen whenever there is a new message.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, but it still does not work. I have even tried resetting my phone with the factory reset tool on the blackberry desktop manager. But still the same problem.

All other apps still work fine, and my data connection itself still works fine, as other apps are able to connect to the internet without any problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix this?

Please use plain text.
clarisse
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: etisalat

Re: Facebook Messenger stopped working

Hi! I've experienced the same problem a while ago and here's what you should do. Just messaged any of your contacts and after clicking send you would see "connection error" so you just need to refresh it then go back and click 'load more'. That's what i did, and it worked. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevefal

Thanks for the tip!

That kinda worked, I can view that particular conversation now, but it still won't load anything in the main screen of the app. And it won't show the messages in the blackberry messages app either

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevefal

Okay, I just looked at the app's page on blackberry app world and in the reviews there are pages and pages of reviews with today's date and all of them are saying that they are having this same problem. Looks like it's a problem with the app itself. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Or perhaps is there a way to install an older version of the app? Anyone know?

Please use plain text.
KnightStalker
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dont know how to fix it, but my girlfriends has the same issue, she can get certain conversations to show up with the above trick but nothing else works.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
malayo
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Celcom

same here on BB 7.1 Bold 9900

i can see red message notification but when i open it, just blank. i had to make a guess who's sending me that message, send, then i'm able to see all messeges between we and person that i send messege with.

Please use plain text.