Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
Accepted Solution

Facebook Notifications Problem in Facebook Messenger

Hi, is there a way how to to turn off notifications in Facebook Messenger ? Because in the settings are only 3 options : On, Off for 1 hour, Off until 8:00a. To be clear I want to turn it off forever, because it bothers me that I have to every day open that app just to always turn Off until 8:00a. I don't get it it was such a problem for developers add there another option simply "Off" ? I really regret I ever installed it.  Please help me, it eats my time.

Thank you in advance.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Facebook Notifications Problem in Facebook Messenger

bcurve8900 wrote:

To be clear I want to turn it off forever, because it bothers me that I have to every day open that app just to always turn Off until 8:00a. 

Hi bcurve8900

Currently in Facebook Messenger application there are only those options that you mentioned, If you want to trun it off forever then you can simply logout from Facebook messenger application. It won't get any notification from that particular application, whenever you need you login again.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you for answer. I logged out few days ago but my friends kepp texting me when I am offline because next to my name is still  that mobile symbol and they think that I have my phone turned on but I don't I am logged out and I don't have any other device with FB Messeger  so why is symbol still there dont you know ?

Elite II

Hello bcurve8900

After logout have you performed a battery pull restart ! If not do it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for atleast a min. then re-insert it back . It may fix your issue So please try it.

Or let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you for your help. I tried and I think it works. Really big thanks. :smileyvery-happy:

Elite II

Hi bcurve8900

You are most welcome ..nice to hear that :smileyhappy:

Cheers !