Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

cariadams
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook Notifications not coming to the Blackberry

Hi!  I have read everything I can find on this forum and online regarding the facebook notifications coming to their blackberry.  My blackberry was getting notifications until a few days ago when suddenly I got notifications but couldn't open them and had to go to www.facebook.com to be able to access them on my phone.  I deleted the application and went back in and re-downloaded the app thinking maybe something happened and now I'm not receiving any notifications whatsoever!!  They were coming to my email that is linked to my ctt account and when I login onto my laptop I see my emailed notifications but on the phone NADA!  It's very frustrating especially as do a lot of social business networking and I'm looking for any help you can give!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Facebook Notifications not coming to the Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Quick google and looks like your right, there seems to be an issue.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Did you recieve any new updates today?

Check out this thread too.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld&thread.id=3718

Message Edited by knottyrope on 09-18-2009 01:07 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There's not much you can do, it appears to be a Facebook issue, not a BlackBerry issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
cariadams

None!  Not since yesterday though when I got in this morning and checked my email (that is linked to my blackberry) I had a ton of notifications!  I think this has been a drip problem because I used to get friend requests as well as everything to my phone, then I stopped getting friend requests then this problem with opening the notifications.  I've checked and followed all that I can do to troubleshoot it, you suppose just have to let FB fix it and what?!  Should I remove the app til its fixed or when its fixed it will just go back to the way it is.  All us social media blackberry junkies are going thru withdrawal lol :smileyvery-happy:

K I just clicked on that link you provided and as I thought all us social media junkies are dying here!  Does FB notify Blackberry in regards to when it's fixed?

Please use plain text.
vanderbilt4212

I started having problems last night.I keep getting an error message that says I can't log in because data service is not available. I called my service provider and they told me that the facebook interface has been having problems communicating with blackberrys. This is the 3rd time this month they've had a problem!!!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

facebook login is undergoing problems fullstop. Not just with BlackBerry devices.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.